Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prius04 Pkg6. We ordered our Prius in Nov and received in Jan. We ordered blue pkg 5, but took 6 when offered. I then discovered this site which has been very helpful and would like to thank all who post here. I first learned of the Prius in Nov when reading an ad in O magazine. My husband and I were intrigued by the car; we had a 2000 Camry. Two days after getting the car, the check engine light came on. I had read another post about this happening so I was not alarmed. We took it to the dealer and it was a sensor had sealant (sp?) on it which they kept to burn off sealant. Two days later the light came on again so they replaced the sensor. We have averaged 45 mpg. We usually fill gas up once we get down to 3 bars on the gauge. I love seeing the look on the guys faces at the gas station when we fill up (in NJ you cannot pump your own gas) for $7 (plus gas). They ask us is it full? I think we will cut in half what we spent on gas per week. I had not seen the car until we picked it up. At first I thought it looks too tiny, but my husband reassured me that it was quite roomy inside. It is, and has plenty of leg room in the front and back. The dash makes me feel like we are in a van, and sometimes I even feel like we are sitting up high like a van. I hear you get better milage in warmer weather so I am looking foward to spring. We originally wanted 9 pkg but did not want to change cell phone companies as only 2 companies in our area had blue tooth technology so for us it was not worth getting. We love this "earth friendly" car. We love the display screen controls and smart key as well. I was also a little nervous about being on the cutting edge technology, but reading posts on this site made me feel more secure and Toyota backing the car the way they are as well as Motor Trend award (after we purchased the car) were all pluses. We have 3 road trips planned this summer, and I am looking forward to putting our car on the road. By the way, the tax deduction remained at $2,000 for cars purchased in 2004. I have also seen posts where Honda hybrid owners traded in their cars for the Prius. Go for it, enjoy!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts