Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations on getting your car so soon!
runeridr said:
For those who have had the Prius for a few months; now that the honeymoon is over are you happy with the MPG and how the car does what it's suppose to, ie., using the battery etc.
I've been getting decent mileage - 42-46 MPG, and I take very short trips of 4 miles or less. On the highway I have no trouble getting the 50+ MPG advertised.

runeridr said:
One other observation; I took another test drive today and was alittle suprised that the engine would shut off at a stop light but turn back on almost immediately as I pulled away even with gentle throttle with the battery indicator almost on full.
You'll find it does this until it warms up. Here in Los Angeles when I drive in the morning and it's 50 degrees, that means about five minutes or so. Then I have no trouble using electric only at a stop light to go from a stop to about 20 mph without engaging the engine. It takes a little getting used to - a very light touch on the pedal. But I'm not afraid to just use the engine to get up to speed and alternate using the motor and coasting to keep going in "stealth" mode.

One other thing that many of us have noticed is the fuel gauge. Basically, when it tells you that you need to refuel, you have a quarter of a tank or so left. It's just something to get used to.

I have no regrets about my purchase.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts