Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share the instructions for any of the XM add ins for the Prius. I'm asking because there is a receiver from Eclipse (http://www.eclipse-web.com/sir/index.html) that is claming to work with multiple head units, and while they say they don't know if it will work with a Prius, I have a sneaking suspicion that it will, but I wanted to check and see what connections the XM units are using, and see if the Sirius unit will work with it.

Thanks for any help,
Sam

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I find that site lacking any useful information. Seems like Eclipse is a specialized system whose add-on components only work with the Eclipse system, which appears to be a replacement for an existing audio system.

But like I said, they don't say much, so I am speculating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I actually got a hold of the Eclipse people, who stated that it should work with any AI-NET head unit (provided you can get the correct pin configuration), so I guess I would have to get technical information on the Prius JBL radio, specifically the plug located between r5 and r6 connectors (or r5 and r4 on the built-in amps)

As to why I'm so reluctant to do the XM route, I know it's a silly reason, but I can't stand the thought of giving Clear Channel any of my support :(

Sam

·
Registered
70 Posts
PriusPage said:
As to why I'm so reluctant to do the XM route, I know it's a silly reason, but I can't stand the thought of giving Clear Channel any of my support :(
There's nothing silly about questioning Clear Channel.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sam,
Clear Channel is a fractional owner of XM Radio. They no longer hold any board seats or controlling interest in XM. And, FWIW, XM's losing money anyway, so Clear Channel is currently losing money by owning stock.

Also, how do you know Clear Channel doesn't own stock in Sirius. It would be smart for them to since if one succeeds both are likely to. And, if one fails the other will succeed and they'll have covered their bets.

The whole Clear Channel XM connections started when one of the COOs or someone with Clear Channel was a member of the BOD some 6 years ago. They no longer hold that position or any position of control with XM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts