Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am giving a speech in a few days on reducing polliution by changing driving habits focusing on hybrid technology (obviously) and need to challenge some of the misconceptions people have about hybrids particularly dealing with safty. So I am asking the group the following questions:
What safty concerns did you have with hybrids or just smaller cars in general that you found to be untrue when doing your research on your car?
What helped you decide to chose a hybrid?
What common misconceptions do you find people have when dealing with hybrids?

I am looking for common misonceptions about hybrids and low polluting/fuel efficient cars and how to change these.

[%sig%]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The lighter the car, the less safe it tends to be, so one of my concerns was that a high mileage car would be a lightweight car. This is not so with the Prius, which weighs nearly 2800 lbs.

An underpowered car presents a potential safety problem if it can't accelerate fast enough when turning onto a busy road, or merging with highway traffic. Prius is not at all underpowered for this purpose.

Sam

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-miscon.htm>

That page contains a fairly decent summary of the of misconceptions I've run into. So check it out and let me know if I blantantly overlooked something.

Extreme detail about misconceptions can be found in the depths of my Prius personal logs. If you do a find within those pages on a specific topic, you may find more.

[%sig%]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts