Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the winter here in Edmonton, Canada many people will put aftermarket rubber floor mats in their car.

The problem is that you get into the car with your shoes covered in snow, but it melts in the warm car. If you keep the standard carpeted mats the car gets all musty and the mats get totally filthy.

Does anyone know if custom rubber floor mats are available for the 2004's? I suppose I could buy a generic, one-size-fits-all set, but eeeeyuck.

My dealer has nothing and the usual aftermarket suppliers don't seem to have anything for the '04's. I have poked around on Google but so far have found nothing.

Thanks.
air4ce
'04 Salsa Red

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the rubberish kind that have several small 1cm dimples that act as catches for debris and water. They were custom made for my car - ordered online in custom color. They are called "Rubbertite" - cost was 55.35 shipped and I got them from http://www.matdepot.com - highly recommended!

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
My husband bought a set of black rubber floor mats, that have these deep grooves in them for catching mud/snow/leaves and whatever else gets tracked into his 2004. I believe that the set of 4 was less than $25 from WalMart. (The Walmart let us buy a few different mats, go out to the parking lot to see what fit and what colors worked, come back in, get a refund for the ones we didn't want, and then we bought the ones we liked.)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Why not get thew official Toyota Prius mats?

http://www.toyota.de/media/dede/pdf/Prius_Zub_03_04.pdf

Page 5 item 23 Price EUR 65 for a complete set Part number PZ-410-G0351-DA
(rubber set without Prius text is EUR 39) PZ-414-G0350-RJ

Are these not available un the US?

If not, I may be willing to get a few sets and send them across at cost & postage, but maybe Dianna at Carsons would be able to get them?

·
Registered
425 Posts
woemcats said:
No, no all-weather mats in America. How much are they in Germany? I assume they'd fi the same.
The price was in the post above, EURO 65, but then you would have to add postage from Europe to the USA. Unless the US Prius is bigger or smaller than the EU version, they will fit. :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plastic floor mats

Here's an idea that worked well for me. I went to Lowe's (Building Supplies) and got some of that clear plastic floor covering - the stuff that realtors use to protect carpet when they show houses). I got 12 linear feet off a huge roll @ $0.59 per foot. That was enought to do the front mats, the rear cargo space and have enough to put over the rear floor mats as well. If you want to cover the rear mats completely, a couple of extra feet would do nicely. The stuff has the little anti-skid thingies on the underside, but I taped the front mats anyway to keep the plastic sheeting from sliding.

Basically, I used the original floor mats as the template and cut the plastic with a pair of regular scissors to just slightly larger than the mats. I used regular old duct tape around the edges to hold everything in place. So far so good and for under $7.00, the Prius name and logo are completely visible and are protected from the nasty icky stuff that lurks out there waiting to mess up your pristine Toyota (expensive) floor mats.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Plastic floor mats

jgetchel said:
I went to Lowe's (Building Supplies) and got some of that clear plastic floor covering
Doh! :shock: I'm there just about every (other) week, and never thought of that; good idea! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts