Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Whatever for? :?

If it's not about late breaking coffee news from Hep, or the most current developments in chocolate technology from Sanny, I'm not sure it would be that useful.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
BIF said:
Whatever for? :?

If it's not about late breaking coffee news from Hep, or the most current developments in chocolate technology from Sanny, I'm not sure it would be that useful.

:D
This just in. My coffee shop did not have the light roast ready at 6:30. So it's a dark roast day. I can't speak for the cocoa content of Sanny's breakfast. Happy Friday all. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,560 Posts
Our friday am bagel's were late, but they're here now... and life is good.
8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
rstieb said:
Is there an RSS feed for the PriusOnline forums???

Thanks,
Russel
Root-Sum-Square? Are you trying to reduce the noise?

Hey, the noise here is half the fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
RSS feed? I wonder if the bunnies would like that kind of feed instead of their timothy hay feed. Really Soft Straw? That's not feed - that's bedding. They like oranges, though.

Breakfast didn't have chocolate - unless you count the chocolate "outside" cookies (like Oreo, only without the blucky middle stuff). ;) It's a food group...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Astrowoman said:
Rather Sophisticated Semisweet?
Now that I could go for!! Bet they sell it at the whole foods market!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
It seems I came down with a bit of bronchitis this week. Maybe that explains my bad speeling and overall misgrammarstakes.

This week I decided to grind up hazelnut and hazelnut decaf at the grocery store, so that I can better manage my caffeine intake. You see, I sometimes like a cup at 9 pm, but I don't like still being up at 3 am unless I'm ..er.. "having fun." :shock: :D

So today I made my pot with a 2:3 mix, for a 40% caffeine strength. It actually worked, and didn't taste like hot water poured through cardboard! :D

And I really love the smell of fresh-ground beans for that first week or so. Like chili or turkey dinner, it's very yummy to come home to.

So I'm thinking about getting my own grinder, so's I can grind it myself only when I'm ready to make it. Is that a sign of an illness or an extremely dedicated coffee fan?

As for chocolate, how's come I can no longer find the "M&M's Dark?" I wonder, did Darth Vader steal 'em all, or did they meet the same fate as all those Jedi Masters? If I can't find 'em soon, I'll have to go back to dark Hershey's Kisses and those giant "Special Dark" bars that are so hard to leave alone once the package is opened. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
rstieb said:
Is there an RSS feed for the PriusOnline forums???

Thanks,
Russel
It would be great to get RSS going with PriusOnline.
I think it's a matter of working with phpBB
http://www.phpbb.com/
here's the topic
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=144548 and
Googling
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie ... gle+Search
shows it is quite possible.


I think it would be GREAT!

It seems to me, we could do a group-buy on a few things to start putting some cash flow through the site and help attract advertisers to help pay for it and to help pay for improved features like RSS (or whatever we vote for ...) :) Just a thought.

Cheers,

ps. The coffee thread was worth a chuckle too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
ymmv said:
...I think it would be GREAT!

It seems to me, we could do a group-buy on a few things to start putting some cash flow through the site and help attract advertisers to help pay for it and to help pay for improved features like RSS...
Yeah, but I probably wouldn't use it myself. I peek in here about every other day (more often when I'm participating in a few ongoing threads of interest), but I certainly don't need to have near-realtime updates.

I'm an avid stock market investor. A day late in selling, and I might lose thousands on a given position. But email notification is prompt enough for my needs, so I don't use RSS for any of that, either. Maybe I'm just a unique one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
rstieb said:
Is there an RSS feed for the PriusOnline forums???

Thanks,
Russel
They dont allow chickens in my neighborhood. Dont want 'em, either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
An04Prius said:
BIF said:
...taste like hot water poured through cardboard! :D
I know you could not know how cruel it was, but you kicked off a whole wave of nostalgia for the cooking of my ex- sig other. :cry:
You cooked your significant-other?

And you're nostalgic about it?

Hannibal Lecter, is that you?

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
ymmv said:
An04Prius said:
BIF said:
...taste like hot water poured through cardboard! :D
I know you could not know how cruel it was, but you kicked off a whole wave of nostalgia for the cooking of my ex- sig other. :cry:
You cooked your significant-other?

And you're nostalgic about it?

Hannibal Lecter, is that you?

:)
Hmm... no wonder the canary bolted (not molted) first chance it got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Sanny said:
ymmv said:
An04Prius said:
BIF said:
...taste like hot water poured through cardboard! :D
I know you could not know how cruel it was, but you kicked off a whole wave of nostalgia for the cooking of my ex- sig other. :cry:
You cooked your significant-other?

And you're nostalgic about it?

Hannibal Lecter, is that you?

:)
Hmm... no wonder the canary bolted (not molted) first chance it got.
Polar bears can cook? Wow!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Sanny said:
ymmv said:
An04Prius said:
BIF said:
...taste like hot water poured through cardboard! :D
I know you could not know how cruel it was, but you kicked off a whole wave of nostalgia for the cooking of my ex- sig other. :cry:
You cooked your significant-other?

And you're nostalgic about it?

Hannibal Lecter, is that you?

:)
Hmm... no wonder the canary bolted (not molted) first chance it got.
As much as I would like to take credit for cleverly wording my post so as to make you think what you thought, I didnt think what you thought when I thought about it. (And that goes for the canary, too!!). :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
BIF said:
This week I decided to grind up hazelnut and hazelnut decaf at the grocery store, so that I can better manage my caffeine intake. You see, I sometimes like a cup at 9 pm, but I don't like still being up at 3 am unless I'm ..er.. "having fun." :shock: :D

So today I made my pot with a 2:3 mix, for a 40% caffeine strength. It actually worked, and didn't taste like hot water poured through cardboard! :D

And I really love the smell of fresh-ground beans for that first week or so. Like chili or turkey dinner, it's very yummy to come home to.

So I'm thinking about getting my own grinder, so's I can grind it myself only when I'm ready to make it. Is that a sign of an illness or an extremely dedicated coffee fan?
Now this is the kind of post that could really make this site hit the big time! No more polar bear jokes, or manatee antics, or chocolate cravings! Just stick to the important issues people! BIF is certainly a gifted story teller. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Hep said:
Now this is the kind of post that could really make this site hit the big time! No more polar bear jokes, or manatee antics, or chocolate cravings! Just stick to the important issues people! BIF is certainly a gifted story teller. :)
Ah, but, Hep, the polar bear is really cookin' this time! Simmer down, won't you?

Antics. Hrrrrruuuummmmppppfffffff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
JUUSSSTTT help me find my canary, :( and all is forgiven.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top