Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a New Prius out of state. 1200 miles out of state to be exact!
I think it will be a great experience. Are there any seasoned prius drivers out there with any words of advice for the return trip?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great idea, we flew from Atlanta to Alexandria virginia to get ours.
The trip back was 600 miles. My wife and I throughly enjoyed the ride.
I read the manual, the car cruised great. I changed speeds a little,
even got off once or twice.It's a great car, and it doesn't need to be
babied. It was a good break-in ride. I never took it above 65mph.When
we got home after a bath, I felt it was a new family member. Go get it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great news!
I am leaving tomorrow to get mine! I am so excited! The drive is going to be long, but it should give me plenty of time to get acquainted.

·
Registered
397 Posts
notforyou23 said:
I am thinking of buying a New Prius out of state. 1200 miles out of state to be exact!
I think it will be a great experience. Are there any seasoned prius drivers out there with any words of advice for the return trip?
Advice: Have fun, eat lots of junk food, and observe the break-in guidelines in the owner's manual. I predict you'll love your car by the time you're an hour into the return trip. To avoid possible freak outs you might want to search through back posts here for information regarding the notoriously inaccurate gas gauge and pesky "red triangle" warning lights that some have experienced shortly after taking delivery. You might consider carrying a printout of the various Toyota dealerships along your route, just in case you DO get one of the red triangle warnings and want to have it checked out before continuing your journey home.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: Road trip

Hi,
Congratulations on getting a new Prius. I have a few suggestions.
When you pick up your Prius, make sure that the tires are properly inflated (to at least the pressure that is stated in the manual) and make sure that the dealer did all of the prep work.
Although you don't need to be very gentle with it, you should try to vary your speed, avoid going faster than 65 mph, and not stomp on the brakes for the first 600 miles.
Good luck and have a safe trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts