Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can order the nav system and install it in a base priced Prius?

·
Registered
425 Posts
No its not possible. I asked the same to a couple of dealers befor I ordered.

Of course you could order all the bits, but you are looking at major work and major $$$. In addition to the navigation computer and DVD you need a new MFD, new steering wheel, new ECU's & probably new wiring looms. It could almost work out cheaper to get a new car! :shock:

If you have a base Prius and want a Navi, the best would be to buy a 3rd party "plug in" unit to go below the current radio (where the black flap is) or get a PDA with Navi software and GPS antenna.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Maybe.... Coastaletech has a pointer to This Site:
http://www.oemvalue.com/

I couldn't specifically find the Prius listed, but it looks like they should have a system that'll work. I bet Coastal Dave could tell you if the Lexus system would work (it seems to be exactly the same).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same problem too, I already install the navigation system computer, "Floor #3 wire with nav", and the gps antanna. Now I want to ask is, do I need this "Instrument wire with daytime running night system, (I live in Canada) parts # 82141-47080" to complete my project?

·
Registered
4 Posts
ea8631 said:
I have the same problem too, I already install the navigation system computer, "Floor #3 wire with nav", and the gps antanna. Now I want to ask is, do I need this "Instrument wire with daytime running night system, (I live in Canada) parts # 82141-47080" to complete my project?
You're trying it out, eh? Be sure to let us know -- and me in particular -- how it goes, how you did it -- and if you don't mind -- how much it cost. If it can be done at a human cost, I'd love to add these features to my Prius, but I suspect that with adding the Nav, GPS antenna, computer, speaker and mic, steering wheel, display frame (last two to get the buttons needed) and whatever else might be needed to add Nav and BT to a Prius... will cost a lot.

However, I'm open to the possibility, if it is humanly possible, because it would make a sweet, sweet upgrade to my '04 B Package. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All is not lost. I purchased a Garmin Quest. It is great PGS with voice directions. I used velcro to fasten it directly behind the steering wheel. It is great color and is easier to read than the built in. Purchased it on Ebay for $525. You can also use in a boat or a second car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts