Toyota Prius Forum banner

How are you responding to the recall?

• I've already had "the fix" done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an appointment scheduled.

• I will be calling soon to schedule.

• I will wait until I need other service work to combine them.

• I'm not going to worry about it unless the car stops.

• Recall? What recall?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right away or when I get to it (if ever)?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Recall

The recall does not affect ALL Priis. Toyota will notify owners that are affected. The master cylinder went out on my first ever car back in 1981. Thankful that it was in the back alley as opposed to flying off the freeway like I normally do. Lots of crap can happen and there is no sense worrying about it until it shows up at your door.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I did not get a notice telling me to bring it in. I got a notice to call and see IF I need to bring it in. These guys know what car I bought. Weird to send a letter to answer a question they already should know the answer to!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I checked the website mrv listed a while back. My Vin isn't on the recall list. Glad I don't have to worry. Wish the rest of you good luck

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I had the recall work done today, but I waited until I was due for an oil change. The recall is for all 2004s and early 2005s, but I don't know the range of VINs. It's posted somewhere on this site though...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I brought my Prius to the dealer to fix a minor leak in the oil line and have the cover on the central console lid fixed, which was peeling off.

As the representative was going through the records he found out my car was on the black list, so they fixed everything in one session. I'll let you know whether or not and how much the gas mileage is affected - assuming anyone cares, that is... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got the SSC 50P letter on the Electronic Control Module reprogramming today. I had been waiting to do the next oil change expecting this notice. The service tech taking the appointment did verify that they need to keep the vehicle for most of the day in order to do the ECM reprogram. (maybe they need to get a faster ECM bus!)

The notice also indicated that a special dielectric grease will be applied to a connector for the transaxle to prevent water intrusion, which may cause a condition similar to the reported "stalling".

I have never had the reported condition but I do like to keep up with the latest SSCs to prevent problems.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
FarNorth said:
Got the SSC 50P letter on the Electronic Control Module reprogramming today. I had been waiting to do the next oil change expecting this notice. The service tech taking the appointment did verify that they need to keep the vehicle for most of the day in order to do the ECM reprogram. (maybe they need to get a faster ECM bus!)

The notice also indicated that a special dielectric grease will be applied to a connector for the transaxle to prevent water intrusion, which may cause a condition similar to the reported "stalling".

I have never had the reported condition but I do like to keep up with the latest SSCs to prevent problems.
FarNorth, I had this work done today. I brought the car in to the dealer at 7:30AM and was out the door at 10AM. I also had the normal 5K interval service done at the same time. They don't need to keep the car all day. My dealer told me the same thing when I made the appointment. I told him I would wait for the car. So in a couple of hours, I was out the door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks firepa63 for the timely info.

My appointment is the day after Thanksgiving so I have a strong feeling that my spouse has plans which will consume the entire repair time.

I know that the retailers are hoping the holiday (buying) season kicks off to a roaring start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nope. From the NHTSA's ODI documents, it only covers mid-year 2004 to early 2005 models. Mine was manufactured in May 2005 so there's a chance it may not affect mine. I'll wait until I get my notice in the mail, if anything.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
To be very honest, I'm probably going to wait until spring gets close before I think about it again. I'm not due for an oil change any time soon, and I will have to drive out of my way to get alll of this done anyway, so I'm going to delay it for a whil and wait and see.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I believe the last ECM flash TSB was February 2005, so cars produced after that time probably don't need the campaign.

The notices say to check with the dealer to see IF you need the work done as a dealer may already have done the work based on TSBs. If you got the notice, you are probably going to have the work needed.

I had mine done Saturday, along with my oil change schedule. Mileage appeared to drop 1+ MPG but pulled back up with my usual commute. The drop in MPG was probably more environmental, and possibly a slight loss as the trims re-adjusted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My car had the fix done 4 months ago, but the VIN does show up on the website as needing the reprogramming. I just had my car in for 60,000 mile service, when I picked it up they told me it was on the recall list. They went ahead and did the reprogramming so I would not have to bring it in again when I receive the recall notice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts