Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid for my new 2005 Prius tonight and picking it up tomorrow. Wondering whether folks have opted or not for the Resistall protective coating and what pros/cons you have found? I'm still in the air about it...
Any input is appreciated. Can't wait to drive home my new Prius!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
walkabout73 said:
I paid for my new 2005 Prius tonight and picking it up tomorrow. Wondering whether folks have opted or not for the Resistall protective coating and what pros/cons you have found? I'm still in the air about it...
Any input is appreciated. Can't wait to drive home my new Prius!
The version my dlr offered was called Touch of Class. Exterior protective coating & interior also. I bought it, considering it a luxury item for a lazy bear.

I hate to wax a car or take it to get waxed, or treat the interior. I think they are very high priced, and a big profit item for dlr. But I negotiated it down as much as I could, together with another item, then bought it.

This one has a 5 year warranty, on any paint damage or interior damage. With all the gunk in the air I thought it was worth it. But again, I considered it a luxury item for myself, not a necessity.

Enjoy your new Prius, you will be delighted

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a similar coating put on my Truck 12 years ago ( Toyota extended cab) and have never had to do any thing to the exterior since then except wash it as you say expensice but IMHO worht it the truck now has 160K mi and except where it is scratched still looks good when I wash it

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got the "Touch of Class" option and I love it. Not only because it guarantees the exterior, but the interior as well...especially if I'm carrying my lunch in the car and it spills for some reason, they'll guarantee to get the stains out. Plus, it seems to reduce the amount of dust that collects on the dashboard, and it DOES make your car look a lot newer and shinier!

But yes, it is definitely a luxury option.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well, it's on my list of "just don't go there" when talking to a dealer. A can of Scotchguard is less expensive and I actually enjoy waxing... YMMV (rather literally with this car).

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Several people here and on Priuschat have reported getting out spilled chocolate, lipstick, etc., from untreated Prius fabric using a wet sponge. I'd say these aftermarket fabric treatments are a waste.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
richard schumacher said:
Several people here and on Priuschat have reported getting out spilled chocolate, lipstick, etc., from untreated Prius fabric using a wet sponge. I'd say these aftermarket fabric treatments are a waste.
I got chocolate and decaf venti no-foam latte out of the seats and carpet with one of those steam carpet/upholstery thingies. Worked great. I don't have the treatment on my Prius.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
BIGGUY said:
I had a similar coating put on my Truck 12 years ago ( Toyota extended cab) and have never had to do any thing to the exterior since then except wash it as you say expensice but IMHO worht it the truck now has 160K mi and except where it is scratched still looks good when I wash it
Yeh, my experience so far (18months) with the coating is similar. Washing the car is easy.
I just hose it down, then wipe it dry with a terry towel. No soap, sponging, scrubbing necessary. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts