Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2004 Prius and am replacing the batteries in both key fobs. However, when I put the new battery(ies) in the key fob the panic/car alarm keeps going off.
Any solutions?
-BookemDanno

· Registered
37 Posts
You may have the same problem I had quite a few years ago on my 2005 Prius. On mine the Panic button went bad and was stuck on and none of the other two buttons would work at all. Fortunately for me I found a guy that worked out of his house and actually made a living fixing car remotes and he had some spare buttom. Says he had had a lot of Prius remotes that had that same problem. He replaced the button on mine and all was well. Sadly he had run out when my other fob went that way and he said he could not get anymore. One way to tell if a button the Panic button is stuck (in the activated state) is when you push any of the other buttons the little red light WON'T blink (If I am looking at the buttons on my remote, with the panic button on the bottom and push any button, the little red light is on the top right). If you see the little red LED light blink, you know none of the buttons are stuck on. Hope this helps to at least help you diagnose the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts