Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending several weeks enjoying my new 05 Prius, my biggest nuisance are the stickers that either Toyota or the dealership has fancied to place all over my vehicle. These include the window stickers touting the anti-theft system, PZEV logo, push P to Park (my favorite) to the body stickers advertising the dealer.

Since I prefer the clean look, and certainly don't want to advertise for the dealer (they were slimeballs) does anyone have advice on removing

1. Interior stickers
2. Window stickers
3. Body stickers

with out scratching the surface or removing paint? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Remove when warm, lift perpendicular to surface S-L-O-W-L-Y, and try goo-B-gone after trying in an inconspicuous place.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
1. Interior stickers
The Park sticker can probably be peeled off with a fingernail (though I haven't tried removing mine).
2. Window stickers
These can be removed with a razor blade. Any remaining residue can be swabbed off with denatured alcohol or perhaps a bit of paint thinner.
3. Body stickers
I safely removed a bumpersticker with a hair dryer set on "Hot". If on another part of the body, maybe a less than hot setting to be safe.

·
Registered
457 Posts
"does anyone have advice on removing
1. Interior stickers
2. Window stickers
3. Body stickers"

There are commercial products that will remove most stickers but they may be too strong for painted or plastic surfaces.
Try the hot air dryer. I know that works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
for badges use dental floss or fishing line to cut it from the body, and then use bug and tar remover or roslin lighter fluid to remove the gew.. just becareful not to use alot..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great - I'll report my results after arming myself with dental floss, razor blades, goo off, a hair dryer and some touch up paint (just in case)

:D

Marcus

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stickers - Gone!

One dealer "paddle" sticker, two anti-theft window stickers, "Push P to Park", "Insert only one CD at a time", and the PZEV window sticker are gone.

The dealer sticker was surprisingly easy to remove. I used a tiny bit of "goof off" applied with a paper towel around the edge of the sticker to loosen the glue. After a little heat with a hair dryer the entire sticker pulled away leaving only minimal glue residue behind. A tiny bit more goof off got rid of that and I rinsed the area thoroughly with water. No dental floss was needed, but I love the idea! The PZEV sticker came off with a fingernail. The anti-theft stickers were tricky - a razor was needed to get the edge going. Heat was useless, it just turned the sticker elastic and gooey. It just took time to slowly lift the sticker once the edge was up. The dash stickers are fingernail peelers. Thanks for the advice.

Marcus

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had stickers on my car before.

I was able to use a hair dryer to warm the adhesive, and then when it gets sticky its much easier to peel off ... or use one of those hard rubber squeegees and they come off easier as well :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beware those magnetic "stickers". One permanently stuck to the side of my car and after several hours of wd40 rubbing it finally came off. The glue on the sign apparently soaked through the magnetic side and made a nice thick glump of glue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts