Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last few weeks, I get the dreaded Red Triangle with exclamation point on the dashboard with just the word "Problem" on the display. It only happens when I make a left turn and barely lasts one second (Just long enough to read the word "Problem"). It only happens (so far) on a mountain road where I'm going pretty fast, though hardly recklessly. Short hard turns are less likely to cause an alert than a longer sweeping turn.

It's only happened a few dozen times so I haven't been able to correlate it with braking or outside temperature. Amount of fuel doesn't affect the odds. Maybe there's a fluid sloshing, but I'd think the display would be informative if there's a dedicated sensor. My other thought is that there's some wiring that shorts out, which would at least explain a vague diagnosis display.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ours is doing that too. Every now and then the red triangle lights up and the screen says Problem. It goes away as fast as it comes. I took it to the dealer and they said the brake fluid was low and topped it off. It kept happening so I took it back. All I really got told was the brakes are fine and there were no codes. I'm waiting for a call back, but I'm also trying to find answers.

*** I finally checked the oil level myself. There wasn't any showing on the dipstick. I added the one quart we had and went to Valvoline. I drove it around for an hour or more myself after that and my husband has gone more than 70 more miles so far this morning and we haven't had any trouble. The dealer's check list shows that they checked the oil, but I'm having a hard time believing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice

last few weeks, I get the dreaded Red Triangle with exclamation point on the dashboard with just the word "Problem" on the display. It only happens when I make a left turn and barely lasts one second (Just long enough to read the word "Problem"). It only happens (so far) on a mountain road where I'm going pretty fast, though hardly recklessly. Short hard turns are l

1 - 9 of 9 Posts