Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At lunch today I saw a red Prius with "distributor" plates, so I'm assuming it was an '06. It wasn't the beloved "Salsa Red" we've become accustomed to. It was much brighter with more orange. It actually looked like real salsa (while I'd call the previous "Salsa" more like a cranberry).

Anyhow, if you've ordered an '06 Prius in red, be forewarned that you're not getting the demure and seductive "Salsa Red" of years past.

DGStan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cranberry

I liked the name Salsa Red even though I never thought this looked like salsa. It was funny to see uese cranberry in your post as that is what some of my friends call the car...here comes the cranberry!!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
There is a mexican restaurant where I live where their salsa is almost the same color as the 04/05 salsa red, but cranberry is a much better discriptor. I like the new red much better anyway. I'm not sure if I'd be up for a red car. I might have considered Salsa Red or the Seaside Pearl if gray had been an offered interior color. Red and brown are ok, but not great. I've seen red and gray and that is spectacular. Blue and brown just suck. Awful interior color matching for 04/05. What were they thinking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts