Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there has been multiple posts on "will I fit" and the "seats are either not adjustable enough" or just plain "uncomfortable". I'm 6-2 at about 265. Seats start to get annoyingly uncomfortable after about 30 to 40 minutes.

Well after having my 05 now for 1 month and driving 150 miles a day back and forth to work causing a 1 1/2 to 2 hour ride one way, I need to do something. I just called a RECARO seat rep and have inquired to outfitting the Prii with some RECARO "sports" (http://www.proamauto.com/page11d.htm) See image of Beige and charcoal seat in thie middle of this link, it even matches my interior.

I am considering ordering one of these seats at first to try it out and if it flies then I will order a passenger side.

My question is, has anyone else tried this type of seat or any other manufacturers seat in the GenIII Prii? "If so, hows your hiney do'in?"

If no one has tried anything then I am going to go ahead and place the order for one and try it out....I will then report back to the population.

At 800+ clams apiece however, it may not be in everyones budget but my butt side demands a change!

·
Registered
508 Posts
HIVOLTAGE said:
My question is, has anyone else tried this type of seat or any other manufacturers seat in the GenIII Prii? "If so, hows your hiney do'in?"
I don't have that seat, but my hiney's spectacular, thanks for askin'.

·
Registered
919 Posts
HIVOLTAGE said:
...Thomme....your welcome

Guinea pig is...well....oh crap, where'd it go!?
Poor little evander died a month ago. His last ride was in my Prius with lovely beige seat covers. Didn't know he visited you first.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
evander said:
HIVOLTAGE said:

Poor little evander died a month ago. His last ride was in my Prius with lovely beige seat covers. Didn't know he visited you first.
The ghost of Evander lives on! I think I saw him with Elvis when I was in Vegas. :wink:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hep said:
evander said:
HIVOLTAGE said:

The ghost of Evander lives on! I think I saw him with Elvis when I was in Vegas. :wink:
Thanks Hep, I hope you had better luck in Vegas than those two guys. And just to keep on topic, I loved Elvis, but he'd never have bought a Prius nor munched on parsley.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thomme

...when pigs fly....guinea that is...they will have angels wings.....

Evander is on his way to the guinea pig "sty in the sky" after a brief world tour...next stop?...may your parsly always be crisp!

Rmm20...I have a #5 without NAV...anything else you can think of that could be a problem?

DanMan32.....a small price to pay for comfort! 1720 for both seats..

·
Registered
455 Posts
HI, I wonder if a cheaper option wouldn't be to see if they couldn't be replaced with the seats from another Toyota? Something like the Camry or Sienna with much more comfy seats? If you got the seats out of a crashed Camry, it probly would be cheaper, plus if you got ones with the side airbags, you should be able to hood that up much easier?

But hey, I have been wrong on stuff like this before. Seems like it would be easy, but then...

I mean the Recaros are great, but there could be a significant $$ difference. Especially if you got the Toyota seats out of a crashed car. New from the dealer they are probly even more than the Recaros.

Spike

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Spike....good alternative option..

However, I had these same seats in a 91 300ZXTT and loved them.

My only BIG concern is the side airbag crap to overcome if the OEM suff comes out.

Evander,

....I'm still looking for the guinea pig......last time I saw'em was with Mr K!....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mr. K? I've heard of Mr. T but who's the new guy?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm having to assume from lack of posts that there has been no seat changes in the Pri....I will order a RECARO Sport this week and install at the drivers position. I figured out how to deal with the AirBag situation but will not reveal it here until I definitely know there is no problems with the swap including fit and mounting issues.

SIGHTING OF [b]EVANDER[/b] COMING BACK FROM TOKYO!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts