Toyota Prius Forum banner

Recall

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  romad 
#1 ·
Are people still seeing a drop in mileage after the stall recall is performed. I had mine done and saw a 10 -15 % drop after 1st tank. Does is improve?

#5 ·
No change with mine, however it doesn't help that we are in the throws of winter and FE drops this time of year anyway. Dealerships have this bad habit of adjusting tire pressure. If you were using a higher tire pressure and had the vehicle in for service, there is a good chance they lowered your tire pressure and that would have some effect on your FE after a service.

#6 ·
I have noticed a reduction in my MPG as well as a change in the fuel gauge. Before, I wouldn't lose the first bar until around 95 miles. Now, at 98 I have lost 2 already. It actually seems to be more accurate but very different. Can't decide if I like it better this way. Maybe it just takes some getting use to. I guess I don't do 'change' very well. :wink:

#7 ·
I believe that the recall began about the time the weather turned colder in most parts of the country. My car was not recalled but with colder weather, the mpg dropped 2 to 3 mpg.

Then, I put on winter tires in Dec and expected further drops. I was surprised to regain a little mpg (maybe about 1 mpg improvement). I was further surprised to note that tire noise with the snow tires was dramatically less than what I had experienced with the OEM tires. My snow tires are Michelin X-ICE.

I expect to swap my snow tires back to the OEM tires in March. If I detect an increase in tire noise, I may be in the market to replace them with a better all-weather tire.

#8 ·
Are people still seeing a drop in mileage after the stall recall is performed. I had mine done and saw a 10 -15 % drop after 1st tank. Does is improve?
I didn't have any mileage drop, but a friend did: went from 50 mpg to 40 mpg. I had ours done last month, but I don't know when they had theirs done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.