Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my recall notice about a software reprogaming.

Has anyone else done this yet?

My car runs great and I am afraid of sofeware changes.
I want a roll back thing like in windows if it dose not work!! (grin)

Mark

·
Registered
508 Posts
Got my notice yesterday. At the rate I drive, I still have about 5 weeks until my next oil change. I'd like to wait until then and do it all at once.

Likewise, I still have a free updated NAV disc set coming to me, and that offer must be exercised by the end of the year. Might as well get that then too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't received a notice yet. I wonder if they are staggering them by VIN number so as not to overwhelm the dealers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wife just called from the dealer, where she took "Sparky" for his inspection. They told her about the recall. Not getting it done today, because they want the car for several hours. DOD

·
Registered
610 Posts
:? Hi Tigermidge

I've never heard of a Prius 'software rollback' (as in Windows). I seriously doubt that such an option is available.

Anyone else in the Forum heard of this as an option?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ChasSuitt said:
:? Hi Tigermidge

I've never heard of a Prius 'software rollback' (as in Windows). I seriously doubt that such an option is available.

Anyone else in the Forum heard of this as an option?

I was making a FUNNY! Nobody evey gets my jokes.
but it is something to think about.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Well, I suppose you could install an earlier calibration code, but then either the ECUs or the THHT may refuse to do it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:) Received my SSC-50P recall letter Nov 5th. I plan to defer this service until my Dealer has done half-a-dozen or more before having it done. At the same time, I will have the brake light switch recall done.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
ChasSuitt said:
:) Received my SSC-50P recall letter Nov 5th. I plan to defer this service until my Dealer has done half-a-dozen or more before having it done. At the same time, I will have the brake light switch recall done.
Which vehicles are affected by the brake light switch recall? I don't remember hearing about that one.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Got mine Saturday also. Plan to have it done next Saturday, along with my regularly scheduled oil change.

I tried to schedule a service appointment using SunToyota's site.
At first, clicking on a pulldown link to schedule a service brought up a pop-up that offered free tinting with car purchase. Nothing more came up.
Closed the pop-up, clicked on the link, got the pop-up again, nothing more.
Noted the properties of the link, copied where it was going, and pasted into a separate browser. Made an appointment, and got the summary webpage, which I could not print since the printer is down.

Then got an email from a mass mailer stating they could not send email to [email protected] and [email protected] No mention on what the problem is, just that it was undeliverable.

Fine customer service! I sent a separate email from work with my complaint and another manual request for service.

I really have to get away from these people, but they are in a convenient location. West Pasco needs another Toyota dealer to compete with them.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi redwein

The first brake light switch information surfaced in a Toyota letter dated Nov 4 2004 to NHTSA and regards oxidization of the switch contacts which can result in the brake lights failing to illuminate when you press the brake pedal. Some Prius owners also believe that a contact failure could also prevent the "Ready" light coming on thus preventing the Prius starting.

Here are the VIN numbers associated: 2004 Year Model

KB20U 40001009-40096109 built 5/30/03 - 6/15/04
KB22U 40001142-40086097 " " "

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I received my recall notice on the 5th. I honestly am not in a hurry to get it done. I will be returning to my selling dealer and not the local dealer because, frankly, I think the local dealer is incompetent. On top of that, I want them to get a number of vehicles completed and taken care of before I run in and get it done. Mine will not be the first they have done. I'm not interested in waiting numerous days for what is essentially a simple procedure to be acomplished because they dealer didn't read the documentation well enough or follow the instructions exactly and therefore fried the ECU and has to replace it.

I have never had a problem with this vehicle to this point and my opinion of the recall is that it is being done to keep the Feds off Toyota's back. I've been on this board for quite a few months now, and when the stalling was being reported in the media we as a group couldn't help but woneder if it was folks running their cars out of gas or some other user generated issue was in force.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I had the work done. Turns out they receieved all my appointment requests, but service isn't on the internet and receives their mail through internet sales. I tell you, if even Spring Hill had a decent Toyota dealer, Sun Toyota would be hurting. They are doing great because their closest competition is in Tampa and Clearwater.

Anyway, arrived at 9:45AM, handed them my internet printout of my appointment. When I told them I also wanted 50P along with oil/rotation, the writer (who I believe is also asst. mgr) exclaimed "That takes 2 hours!". Yes, I know, that's why I made the appointment. He just wanted me to be aware. After thinking about that exchange for a minute, it was good to know that it does take 2 hours.

Even a good dealer who has read the instructions for doing the campaign can fry the ECU, if it was his first time. Seems that there is a problem with the latest program version for their scanners, and so dealers have reverted to the previous version. The problem may have been fixed but techs are understandably leary.
This according to Rick57 and Galaxy on PriusChat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got my recall notice!

I am from London UK!

S

·
Registered
22 Posts
ECU Firmware ugreade in July on 2005

I didnt Get the notice But had the firmware upgrade after Stall event. Every light on the dash lit up. thank GOD on a side street at a stop 20 ft from the house at 3080 miles. Have 7000 on it now No ill affects gas milage average increased from 40-46 smoother engine acceleration right after upgrade 2005 car built 10/04 package 6 fully loaded cramberry red.

Hope this Helps anyway the Prius doesnt Run on windows GRIN :roll:

Bob2780
Las Vegas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Prius Recall

Like a dummy, I took mine in, also had to reschedule because they didn't tell me ahead if time that it was a 3 hour job. Took my car in Nov. 2, got it back Nov. 22!!! They ruined my computer which was not causing any problems. It took over 2 weeks for them to get a new one from the land of the rising sun. If I had it to do over again, and my car was not exhibiting any of the problems this recall ddresses, I would skip it!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
hyperion said:
How can this be? This is a reliable Japanese car definately made totally in Japan!
Serviced in what country by a clueless mechanic? :wink:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts