Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone, earlier, had posted the VIN's that were on the recall list. My Prius wasn't on that list, yet today I received the notice from Toyota.

It simply says Prius's from 2004 to early 2006 are affected.

Just a heads up that, perhaps, that list of numbers was incomplete.

marlowe

2005/pkg 6

·
Registered
76 Posts
The NHTSA site has a a prius recal notice that you can download. It lists the Dealer Notice, Year and Vin affected in America, A copy of the recal notice letter, and the whole procedure to be performed along with the time required to perform the procedure.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I don't see any links or attachments posted by Earl. That's why I put in the links which go straight to the PDFs that you would get if you went to NHTSA's site, found the buried link to search for recalls, and entered your vehicle type, year, make model.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was simply told by my dealer about it when I went in for the 10K scheduled maintenance. Not a big deal. I taking advantage of an offer they have to get th ecar detailed at the same time. my baby's gonna be all shiny new.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I'd like to know how the dealer can tell what of the 3 parts needs replacing. If you are one of the unlucky 10, one of the parts has to be ordered. I only glanced at the tech bulletin, and it looks like they can only tell what you need after starting the work, which means you might need a rental.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got my car back yesterday after the steering thing was completed. Aso had the car detailed, so it's all shiny.

recall was no big deal. they told me about it during a routine 10k tire rotation. I brought it in a week later. bada-boom, bada-bing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Devotay - looks like you've got a good dealer who stays on top of things. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like my dealer is in that category.

I just went in for my 30K oil change on Saturday, and was not told anything about this recall. What makes this a little frustrating is that about 3 weeks ago I went in and had my inverter water pump replaced when my "check engine" light came on, and I had to get my car towed. While I was there, I threw in the recall SSC 40L (the brake light assembly) - which I had to tell them about.

I'm just crossing my fingers that this is the last of the recalls for 2006.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dropped the car off at the dealer this morning at 7:00 A.M. PT for the recall. They just called about 15 minutes ago (ca 9:35 A.M. PT) to say that it is ready. I'll let you know what they found.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Anyone know when we'll know for sure if we're on the list? According to VINs posted by mrv, I was due, but no letter yet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I haven't heard anything, either. And Phoebe's numbers indicate that she should be checked out. When people started hearing so soon I wondered if people were being notified by zone. Maybe Toyota can't supply all the necessary parts to every dealership nationwide.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ok, according to the work order, they did an R&R of the Intermediate Steering Shaft and Slip Yoke.

I hadn't received any notice but I just went in and asked when I could have the recall work done. They had the kits so I scheduled an appointment.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.