Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Prius on 3/31/05 and had some difficulty with my Prius in a recent snowstorm. I assumed my Prius was a front wheel drive vehicle which would allow me to drive it in the summer as well as the winter. Am I correct?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes, you may drive the Prius in summer and winter.

·
Registered
232 Posts
but.....never......never.....

never....ever....get it wet
and don't feed it after midnight!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should have clarified my question. Is the Prius a front wheel drive car or a two wheel drive car.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Uh, front wheel drive is two wheel drive, which is to say it isn't four wheel drive... I THINK its front as opposed to rear wheel drive, almost all cars are anymore. Mine has the stability control, but isn't too likely to see snow around here. It certainly drives fine on wet and dry nonfrozen roads....

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
And it's not "all wheel drive" either. Only 2 drive wheels - the front ones.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Are you sure? I thought it was the left two wheels.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You guys!
:D

Cyclesome,

It's front wheel drive. The rear wheels are along for the ride. To get to the specifics of your question, most people find that the stock tires that come with the car are worthless. And, if there is such a thing as being worse than worthless, then this is what they are in winter.

From most users, the car does fine in wintertime. Many folks state that they get by with all season tires but seriously consider snow tires.

There are numerous threads on this site about which all seaon tires and which snow tires. And, any moment now, Jayman will add to this thread with his experiences and give excellent reasons why you should opt for snow tires. (After he posts, I'll follow up with a post that states that studded tires are allowed in PA).

Cheers,
-bob

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
Well that sure explains why I keep going in circles to the right. If I put a sidecar on the left side, will it even out? How about an outrigger? A guy in a grass skirt, wielding an oar? :? (I'd have said "paddle," but you woulda gotten the wrong idear) :shock:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sanny said:
Hep said:
Well that sure explains why I keep going in circles to the right. If I put a sidecar on the left side, will it even out? How about an outrigger? A guy in a grass skirt, wielding an oar? :? (I'd have said "paddle," but you woulda gotten the wrong idear) :shock:
Admit it. You are picturing me in a grass skirt right now aren't you? :wink:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hep said:
...Admit it. You are picturing me in a grass skirt right now aren't you? :wink:
oooh, now there's an image. Hep in a grass skirt, oar in one hand, coconut shell full of coffee in the other. :shock: Don't tease me!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Since I'm left handed, does that mean I go in circles around to the left?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sanny said:
Hep said:
...Admit it. You are picturing me in a grass skirt right now aren't you? :wink:
oooh, now there's an image. Hep in a grass skirt, oar in one hand, coconut shell full of coffee in the other. :shock: Don't tease me!
TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts