Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking around. found one that was nice but....~$80 w/S%H etc. little ridiculous especially when you can't see it prior to ordering.
Like to find a reasonable alternative--jumbo cheap ones aren't big enough.
appreciate your thoughts.
greg

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
graysfizix said:
Just looking around. found one that was nice but....~$80 w/S%H etc. little ridiculous especially when you can't see it prior to ordering.
Like to find a reasonable alternative--jumbo cheap ones aren't big enough.
appreciate your thoughts.
greg
There are excellent ones available through Canvas Works in Sunnyvale, CA. I got mine there for front and back windows. He's got a special price for PriusChat members if you like through that website. Fit perfectly, and are great quality. Made just for Prius! 800/777-6405. Excellent customer service, too. (No, I'm not affiliated, just pleased with vendor)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I bought CanvasWorks first but replaced it with a custom shade from Intro-Tech, sold by Toyota dealers, which costs less and is better made (the velcro strap is stitched in; the CanvasWorks strap is glued on and pulls off when it gets hot enough).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Many of us who bought the Canvas Works sun shield available on PriusChat have registered disappointment. In my case, it sags in the middle and ends up lying on the dash. Others have noted that same problem and have also complained that the velcro strap is just glued on and can separate.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
8) 8)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Jon Miller said:
Many of us who bought the Canvas Works sun shield available on PriusChat have registered disappointment. In my case, it sags in the middle and ends up lying on the dash. Others have noted that same problem and have also complained that the velcro strap is just glued on and can separate.
I had no trouble with sagging or any of that. Just a suction cup for the rear shield was munged in transit. Immediately replaced the shade. They work fine for me. As they say, YMMV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had no trouble with sagging or any of that.
Mine was fine for about a month, then it collapsed in the center section and now has to be propped up. I carry an old sweatshirt that I stuff in the space above the display screen and when I get a moment I will swap the screen for something better --something with a little more rigidity or a different method of anchoring. It may well be the case that mine is the exception, and yours may continue to serve you well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts