Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to raise the rear window wiper arm to a vertical position so I could do a better job of cleaning the glass but unable to move it more than about an inch above the window. The arm appears to be hinged so can anyone tell me if I have a bad arm or is this normal :roll:

Dick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sonoma said:
The arm appears to be hinged so can anyone tell me if I have a bad arm or is this normal :roll:

Dick
That's the way mine is. It comes up about 3" (7.62 cm for you enlightened metric types). Just enough to get my hand and a cloth under it. Seems to be built that way. :?:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i asked month ago and got a good answer from someone womewhere.... there is a black cap below the arm that covers the mounting nut. you must spread the sides out slightly, then lift the cap off, it will allow you to picot the arm up 90 degrees. the cap is just below the hinge

it was a little difficult the first time, now it comes off and goes back on with ease

hope this helps

sid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ses said:
i asked month ago and got a good answer from someone womewhere.... there is a black cap below the arm that covers the mounting nut. you must spread the sides out slightly, then lift the cap off, it will allow you to picot the arm up 90 degrees. the cap is just below the hinge

it was a little difficult the first time, now it comes off and goes back on with ease

hope this helps

sid
Thanks Sid I'll give it a trial

Dick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rear Windshield wiper

ses said:

sid
I remembered seeing this post back when I was doing research before getting my Prius. Washed & waxed the car for the first time this morning and discovered that mine doesn't have a black cap covering the mounting nut. My Prius was just made in June. Anyone else missing theirs or is this a normal thing now for current deliveries? It did make it easy to raise & lower the arm while working around it, but the nut is exposed and I think that may not be right.

Can I hear from other new owners how theirs is?

·
Registered
381 Posts
ses said:
there is a black cap below the arm that covers the mounting nut
Well I'll be... so there is, and it does; that's what I like about this board - always learning something new. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Rear Windshield wiper

Barbara in LA said:
but the nut is exposed and I think that may not be right.
Got mine in March and it has the cap; after taking it off and looking at it without it, I'd say yours may have gone walkabout... :?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Rear Windshield wiper

TechnoMage said:
Barbara in LA said:
but the nut is exposed and I think that may not be right.
Got mine in March and it has the cap; after taking it off and looking at it without it, I'd say yours may have gone walkabout... :?
Yeah - I think you might be right about that. Calling my Dealer on Tuesday - Well, I might try tomorrow but their parts dept. may be closed.

Thanks for checking, TechnoMage!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts