Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the lower rear window have a defogger? I know it has some lines, but only the upper window seems to melt the morning frost? I couldn't find a reference in the manual that said anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have a 2006 Prius Package #7.. maybe the reason why your bottom one eventually does is because the entire cabin temperature eventually adjusts and it just defogs on its own (like the regular windows do).. but when you turn on the "back" defog, it doesn't do the bottom one.. there aren't vents back there either..

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I think the early 2004 Prius didn't have an electrical connection to the defrost wires on the lower window, but I think they were connected since then. There was a discussion about this, and now I forget what I found on my car, which is a late (august) 2004 model.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Okay. I was wrong. So this morning in the car I actually paid attention. There IS a defogger for the lower back window, in fact, it has those little wire things that go inside the windows to defrost it. I guess someone usually has the back cover flipped up so I never really did see, but there IS a defogger.. doh.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yes, the lower one has a defroster. I had a discussion with Dan waaay back when I first asked the question (must've been nearly 2 years now).

The problem is that the lower window tends to get dirty quite quickly so when it defrosts, it doesn't look like it did because of the crud on the outside of the window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.