Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday my wife and I were rear-ended in our 2005 Prius on our way to church. We were stopped at a stop sign on an off ramp when suddenly we were hit by a lady in a Buick Lesabre. She really slammed into us and I thought the trunk lid would be smashed. To my amazement the only visible damage is a couple of nicks and scratches on the bumper.
all I can say is: "That's one tough car." The bumper (which will be replaced - est is $1017) really did its job.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Glad to hear that. I hope that the entire bumper and the chassis behind it was checked for damage and not just the bumper cover.

It's a shame these things have to be so expensive.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
DaleK said:
Last Sunday my wife and I were rear-ended in our 2005 Prius on our way to church. We were stopped at a stop sign on an off ramp when suddenly we were hit by a lady in a Buick Lesabre. She really slammed into us and I thought the trunk lid would be smashed. To my amazement the only visible damage is a couple of nicks and scratches on the bumper.
all I can say is: "That's one tough car." The bumper (which will be replaced - est is $1017) really did its job.
Where did this happen, Dale?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It happened in Edina, Mn at the off ramp from crosstown Hy 62 at Tracy Ave.

The estimate includes replacing the reinforcement bar and the absorber as well as the bumper cover, but not any hidden damage which will be apparent only after teardown.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Last Sunday my wife and I were rear-ended in our 2005 Prius on our way to church.
See what going to church does for you?

I was home last Sunday, as with all Sundays, sacrificing chickens and drinking goat's blood, and my Prius is juuust fine.

Hmm... I hear thunder. Let me grab my golf clubs and go outside to investigate.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
coloradospringsprius said:
Geez, Hep, can't you read? At a stop sign! :wink:
You may be surprised to learn that Edina has at least three stop signs. And they are all made of platinum.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
DaleK said:
It happened in Edina, Mn at the off ramp from crosstown Hy 62 at Tracy Ave.

The Crosstown 62 is scheduled for major work to seperate one stretch that it shares with I 35. Our brilliant governor wanted bids to start work early, and thought the contractors could work on IOU's and finance the work themselves while waiting for federal money. No bids were forthcoming. It makes me long for the days of Jesse Ventura. :roll:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Hey Hep, the local sport talk show here yesterday mentioned that you folks have "domed stadiums" all over the place. Some only blocks apart. For the colleges football games., (six a year) a couple blocks away from the state built stadium for the "Vikings" Separate stadiums for your basketball teams, separate stadiums for your hockey teams ect: This came up after that strange hit by Manny Ramarize when the Red Sox played the Twins last week. Manny hit a ball so hard and high that it hit a ceiling speaker and fell into short center field for a single. It could have been caught for an out but the centerfielder had turned around to see how far into the center field stands the ball would land and didn't see it fall to the ground behind him.
That's where Jesse spent the taxpayers highway money.
But then again, I got onto our "New" big dig highway system just before rush hour Thursday and crawled nine miles in an hour and a half. Only pleasure I had on the new tax dollar highway system is the additional two lanes (total of 4) gave me a lot more company to "creep in."

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
hyperion said:
Hey Hep, the local sport talk show here yesterday mentioned that you folks have "domed stadiums" all over the place. Some only blocks apart. For the colleges football games., (six a year) a couple blocks away from the state built stadium for the "Vikings" Separate stadiums for your basketball teams, separate stadiums for your hockey teams ect: This came up after that strange hit by Manny Ramarize when the Red Sox played the Twins last week. Manny hit a ball so hard and high that it hit a ceiling speaker and fell into short center field for a single. It could have been caught for an out but the centerfielder had turned around to see how far into the center field stands the ball would land and didn't see it fall to the ground behind him.
That's where Jesse spent the taxpayers highway money.
"
The Vikes and Twins and U of M football share the "Hump" downtown and it is an absurd place to play and watch baseball. We finally passed two bills to build a new football stadium on campus for college ball (the old one never should have been torn down), and an outdoor stadium for real baseball. The Vikings will have to wait untill next year at least. I can't wait for outdoor baseball to come back. Go Twins! I'm going to go to that silly bubble to see them play the Cubbies on Friday.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Should point out that the people of "taxachusetts" said no to building a new stadium for the Patriots and so Mr. Kraft did it with private financing. Ditto to the new owners of the "Red Sox" who thought the state was going to build them a new stadium on the Boston waterfront.
Fenway Park has now been facelifted, (private financing) gets the record (boo) of the highest ticket prices, and has been sold out for everygame of the last four years
Only 38,000 seats but everyone of them is filled for every game and other teams love to come here to play ball.
Has got to be disconcerting to go to a place like Tampa with fifty thousand seats and play before 12,000 fans. I noticed in Oakland last week that 20,000 seats have been covered by vinyl tarps so the place does not look so darn empty.

·
Registered
420 Posts
hyperion said:
Should point out that the people of "taxachusetts" said no to building a new stadium for the Patriots and so Mr. Kraft did it with private financing. Ditto to the new owners of the "Red Sox" who thought the state was going to build them a new stadium on the Boston waterfront.
Fenway Park has now been facelifted, (private financing) gets the record (boo) of the highest ticket prices, and has been sold out for everygame of the last four years
Only 38,000 seats but everyone of them is filled for every game and other teams love to come here to play ball.
Has got to be disconcerting to go to a place like Tampa with fifty thousand seats and play before 12,000 fans. I noticed in Oakland last week that 20,000 seats have been covered by vinyl tarps so the place does not look so darn empty.
Fenway Park is by far the best major league park I've ever been in. I saw a meaningless late-season game there in 1983, and still remember it as one of the most pleasant afternoons I've ever spent. (And it was long before Wade Boggs defected!)

BUT - and it's a really big but :wink: - I've never been to Wrigley Field.

BTW, the greatest job I ever had was two seasons as a ballpark organist for the AAA team in Colorado Springs. Getting paid to watch baseball was truly fabulous.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hep said:
[
Go Twins! I'm going to go to that silly bubble to see them play the Cubbies on Friday.
The Twins own the National League! Sorry Cubs fans. Let's see how the Dodgers and Brewers do in Domeball.

The Cubbies fans did turn out in droves, I must admit. There were huge crowds all weekend, and it seemed a third were wearing the blue. Great fans! The team on the other hand...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've had parked incidents. Twice, my wife has parked the Prius in front of or behind a big pickup truck, only to find damage to our car when she came back (and the truck gone, of coruse.) One scraped the top of our bumper, and put a small dent in the tailgate (very small, the kind a pops-a-dent could remove.) The other cracked our plastic grille, and put a fairly big dent in the hood. The dent in the hood is just deep/sharp enough to have caused a crack in the paint.

Unfortunately, the cost to repair BOTH comes to only $5 over our insurance deductible, ($505, our deductible is $500,) so I'm going to end up footing the entire bill. (That's not including the grille. It's just a cosmetic blemish, nothing that will affect the performance or safety of the car. They want $500 just for that.)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
From rear-enders to baseball...oh my! Ok, then I'll put in a word for my fave team: the Phila. Phillies. Yeah, not only a tortured Phils fan, but displaced to Red Sox territory here in Vermont. Go Phils!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hep said:
Hep said:
[
Go Twins! I'm going to go to that silly bubble to see them play the Cubbies on Friday.
The Twins own the National League! Sorry Cubs fans. Let's see how the Dodgers and Brewers do in Domeball.

The Cubbies fans did turn out in droves, I must admit. There were huge crowds all weekend, and it seemed a third were wearing the blue. Great fans! The team on the other hand...
Depressed Cubs fans in my home but it's a way of life around here. My daughter wanted me to bet on them while in Vegas last week. Big mistake. Odds for winning the World Series---245 to 1. (Now it's probably 1000/1).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.