Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the part number for the Prius rear bumper applique? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
A reputable Toyota parts department should have the number handy.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
San_Carlos_Jeff said:
What is it?
Rear Bumper Applique - Loading and unloading cargo can take a toll on a painted bumper. Help protect your bumper from scratches with an anti-skid Rear Bumper Applique. Toyota Part Number PT747-47040

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
firepa63 said:
San_Carlos_Jeff said:
What is it?
Rear Bumper Applique - Loading and unloading cargo can take a toll on a painted bumper. Help protect your bumper from scratches with an anti-skid Rear Bumper Applique. Toyota Part Number PT747-47040
My bumper got tolled within a few weeks of purchase. :( Couldn't help it. It was superbowl, and TV died. Had to get a new one, but sliding box in or out of the back tolled on the bumper.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
firepa63 said:
More importantly, did you win any money on the Superbowl?
Please.... I live near Philadelphia. Iggles were such a disappointment...

·
Registered
18 Posts
KTPhil said:
Another option is the black rubber protector from a Corolla or Matrix--both fit perfectly.
Yea but they weren't made for the exclusive Prius. If i'm correct doesn't it say Prius on the thingy?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The dealer calls it a Prius part, and it fits perfectly. However, turn it over and "COROLLA" is embossed on it. Apparently it was originally made for the Corolla wagon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Prius got tolled within a couple of weeks of purchase too. And all I did was take a soft-sided hockey bag in and out of it a few times :( It seems to me that the paint is very soft. Will the bumper applique cover up those unsightly blemishes?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Spartan1 said:
My Prius got tolled within a couple of weeks of purchase too. And all I did was take a soft-sided hockey bag in and out of it a few times :( It seems to me that the paint is very soft. Will the bumper applique cover up those unsightly blemishes?
If you get the black one, it might (depending on where the toll is). If you get the clear one, probably you'll want to touch up first, or the black toll mark will show through. I keep meaning to... Sigh.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Real bumper

Sanny said:
Spartan1 said:
If you get the black one, it might (depending on where the toll is). If you get the clear one, probably you'll want to touch up first, or the black toll mark will show through. I keep meaning to... Sigh.
Sigh........what a waste of broadband! :evil:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Re: Real bumper

GeneralTojo said:
Sanny said:
Spartan1 said:
Sigh........what a waste of broadband! :evil:
It's time for you to go away now. Call your mom and ask her to try, one more time, to teach you some manners. Come back if she succeeds. Bye.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I decided after about 8 months of ownership I needed the bumper applique. I instead had the guy who did my invisible bra protection do the same treatment on the bumper. For $25 it looks great and does a great job. I never liked the Toyota applique with the stenciled Prius all over it, and a black one would not have made "Flo" very happy either...seeing many many Prius lately!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Markincolorado - Do you have a picture? I'd love to have a solution that will provide protection and look good. There's no way that I'm going to be able to avoid future scrapes across the tailbone of my Prius without some sort of protection beyond the fragile paint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts