Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, let's see, a post by "Guest" urging us to view a page of pictures with no obvious credentials shortly after news that jpeg images can be used to insert viruses into Windows XP (pre-service pack 2).

Yeah, I'll rush over to check that one out.

------
addendum: looks like the original post to this thread was deleted (by management?).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Alright... I'll view it on Safari with pop-ups blocked on my OS X-running Mac. :)

Well, it is indeed a picture of a gigantic house cat. Surrounded by lots of advertising links. If I had viewed it in Internet Explorer on Windows with no pop-up blocker., I have no doubt that it would have also popped up a lot of ads.

·
Registered
363 Posts
ehurtley said:
Alright... I'll view it on Safari with pop-ups blocked on my OS X-running Mac. :)

Well, it is indeed a picture of a gigantic house cat. Surrounded by lots of advertising links. If I had viewed it in Internet Explorer on Windows with no pop-up blocker., I have no doubt that it would have also popped up a lot of ads.
I see the same thing on my OS/2 machine. Not about to look from the Windows system by my elbow. When you open windows to the outside stuff flies in.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Missing the older days

PriusOnline.com
Toyota Prius
Album FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Profile You have no new messages Log out [ C.RICKEY HIROSE ]

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

PriusOnline.com Forum Index
Outbox :: Message
To: RSnyder
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:17
Subject: Missing the older days
Hello NJ PIKACHU.

I used to and enjoyed your post on the "Classic Prius days" What happened to your posts ? I do not see you/read your postings anymore
on that forum ?

Regards,

C.Rickey Hirose, Selling the Prii since the early days.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It got too huge for me. After 2 years, I decided I was spending way too much of my time following it. So I opted to just follow the much smaller priusonline and Yahoo! prius-technical-stuff groups. Now I have more time to spend on the important things in life (like video games :oops: )

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Missing the "older classis Prius days"

NJ PIKACHU-SAN.

Great, more time to play video games ! I saw a post long a go someone
at one of the yahoo-Prius chat group mentioned where is New Jersey
PIKACHU these days.
I read your 90k service posting at $450 a bearing
for each side ? Let me find out at my dealership what is the ongoing rate
for the same.
But if you have the 100k/7 years :platinum warranty from
Toyota insurance service then will be $0 out of your poket.

C.Rickey Hirose, Fremont Toyota, CA San Francisco Bay Area.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have the platinum warranty, but since I got my car before some dealers started offering the warranty at a discount on these groups, I probably would have paid more than $900 for it, so unless something else goes wrong in the next 10K miles, I'm ahead of the game, but not by much.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
LABOR PLUS PARTS

Hello NJ PIKACHU.

I spoke to my shop Prius Certified Tech and he said each front bearing
labor time should be 2 hours~3 hours. So I don;t know the hourly shop
labor charge at your dealership.

C.Rickey Hirose, Fremont Toyota, in CA "San Francisco Bay Area"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts