Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live near Richmond, Va., and there are 4-5 Toyota dealerships within 30 miles or so of my house. (I'm on the waiting list at a couple of them). Does anyone know of a site that rates service departments, reports on experiences, good or bad, etc? Or do we just have to depend on word of mouth? I'm really looking forward to getting a Prius, but reading some of the posts on this forum makes me a little anxious. It seems that on those rare occasions where problems do arise some of the service people are completely baffled. Is this their fault or is it just what one must expect with a totally innovative car like the Prius?

·
Registered
397 Posts
smythe11 said:
I live near Richmond, Va., and there are 4-5 Toyota dealerships within 30 miles or so of my house. (I'm on the waiting list at a couple of them). Does anyone know of a site that rates service departments, reports on experiences, good or bad, etc? Or do we just have to depend on word of mouth? I'm really looking forward to getting a Prius, but reading some of the posts on this forum makes me a little anxious. It seems that on those rare occasions where problems do arise some of the service people are completely baffled. Is this their fault or is it just what one must expect with a totally innovative car like the Prius?
I think cartalk.com has some sort of mechanic rating or recommendation area, but there may not be much Prius specific info there. While service techs are seeing more and more Prii they are still relatively rare when compared to other Toyota models. I'd poke around in the service areas at your local dealers and see how you are treated. Take some of the information you glean from this and other Prius sites and see what kind of responses you get to a few questions.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts