Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Prius mark 2 T4 driving from central London to Heathrow and back for 3 weeks I get 600 miles to a tank. What do others get?

·
Registered
623 Posts
You get more than we do, because here in the US we've got a flexible bladder inside the gas tank. The gas fills the bladder, so it holds less. And in cold weather the bag shrinks, and holds even less. A few people have reported 500 miles. Others, including myself, prefer to play it safe and fill the tank long before it's empty. I don't believe I've ever gone 400 miles. I don't need to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's all the talk about a balloon in US tanks. Is that a joke? Here in the UK no balloons. I get 65-66 mpg (imperial gallon - not US remember US gallons are a little less). I used to drive a Golf 1.9 TDI (diesel) and got almost the same mpg but - of course - only by burning diesel with emissions containing particulates with sulphur greater and carbon 140g/km.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I almost always get over 600 miles on a tank. On Thursday I filled up at 597 but was only able to get in 10 gallons. My last bar was not yet flashing and I've gone over 100 miles a few times with a flashing bar. I get in the mid to high fifties on almost all my tanks to date except the very first ones. I have 6000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am currently only getting 41mpgs and that doesn't help. I only get about 350 miles before filling up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I usually fill up between 400 and 475 miles. I'm averaging around 50 mpg, but the last bar starts flashing around 400 miles, and I really don't want to run out of gas.

·
Registered
381 Posts
2003: 487.3 miles on 10.518 gallons (not trying to "push" it)
2004: 335.4 miles on 8.639 gallons; still "new" (2 months old), so give me some time. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My latest tank took me 602 miles on slightly more than 10 gallons. That's my best tank mpg after 11 refills since I purchased the car in February.

Overall, I'm averaging 538 miles per tank and 54 mpg.

Tideland/ Colorado.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts