Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01 BMW 5 series has an MFD read out that displays "range", or "how many more miles I have left before I run out of fuel".

I checked the manual on my '05 Prius and can not find any such feature. Did I miss something or does this feature not exist on the Prius?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Probably the reason for that is because the end of tank varies wildly (how many have reported an 'out of fuel' condition in a short time from 2 bars?) as well as the short term MPG.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Those miles to empty displays encourage people to drive until their tanks are dry, which is generally a bad thing on any vehicle. I think it is smartest to always fuel up at a quarter tank or in the case of the Prius 2 or 3 pips remaining in the fuel gage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeromep said:
Those miles to empty displays encourage people to drive until their tanks are dry, which is generally a bad thing on any vehicle. I think it is smartest to always fuel up at a quarter tank or in the case of the Prius 2 or 3 pips remaining in the fuel gage.
Totally agree. Only on my third tank so far but have found that at 1 bar I still have 3 gallons left and at the blinky-blinky light i still have two. Just wanted to optimize without killing the catalytic converter. I will probably start looking for a Chevron when I get down to one bar from now on. Thanks all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts