Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you would like your armrest to be a little higher and more comfortable here is how to do it. If you are satisfied with the armrest the way it is read this post and do nothing.

When you open the Prius center console you will find a small black tray which can be used to hold change, a pen, keys, etc. This tray is removable and has an alternative use which I don't think is mentioned in the owners manual.

Remove the tray and you will notice that there is a slot on the front-inside of the console. Put the tray into the slot allowing it to stand up vertically. The top of the tray should face the rear of the console. Close the armrest and the armrest is now resting at a convenient upward angle and is actuallhy usable as a place to rest your right arm.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Clever. However, as long as you brought up the console, I was a bit disappointed that the Prius did not have a two part console like the Corolla has (the "hidden" part is concealed undeath the top part.) It is handy and nice. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
becky said:
Clever. However, as long as you brought up the console, I was a bit disappointed that the Prius did not have a two part console like the Corolla has (the "hidden" part is concealed undeath the top part.) It is handy and nice. What do you think?
The 2004 Prius' center console is in two parts. you raise the top to get at the center "moat" area. if you reach by the floor, a little drawer pulls out (just the right size for a flat pop-up box of tissues).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I drove my car for a couple months before having a passenger (his first time in a 2004 Prius) found that drawer. I have a small satchel of quarters in it, now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Indeed, that drawer near the floor is mighty cute. I use it to hold CD's. But what I was rerring to was the attached two part console (not that funny plastic tray...) The top part is lined in felt and goes the whole length and width of the console. Then you pop up that section, and underneath is a deep well with the voltage outlet inside.

·
Registered
299 Posts
becky said:
Indeed, that drawer near the floor is mighty cute. I use it to hold CD's. But what I was rerring to was the attached two part console (not that funny plastic tray...) The top part is lined in felt and goes the whole length and width of the console. Then you pop up that section, and underneath is a deep well with the voltage outlet inside.
I didn't think CD's would fit in there! I do like the Corola style better though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts