Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you open the center console you will find a small black tray which can be used to hold change, a pen, keys, etc. This tray is removable and has an alternative use which I don't think is mentioned in the owners manual.

Remove the tray and you will notice that there is a slot on the front-inside of the console. Put the tray into the slot allowing it to stand up vertically. The top of the tray should face the rear of the console. Close the armrest and the armrest is now resting at a convenient upward angle and is actuallhy usable as a place to rest your right arm.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To Windsurfdog-I have no respect for you.

To Windsurfdog:

The purpose of this forum is to provide help and share information, to answer other members questions and to share experiences concerning our wonderful new cars.

I have no idea whether you think your answer to my post has added some clarification to it or whether you are just being an a*****e. If you think that your post has done any of the above, you obviously are speaking out of the wrong opening in your body. If you dont have anything to add to assist other members, and are merely posting to make me wrong, I suggest that you dummy up and dont darken this forum again.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
215 Posts
Re: To Windsurfdog-I have no respect for you.

arizona charlie said:
To Windsurfdog:

The purpose of this forum is to provide help and share information, to answer other members questions and to share experiences concerning our wonderful new cars.

I have no idea whether you think your answer to my post has added some clarification to it or whether you are just being an a*****e. If you think that your post has done any of the above, you obviously are speaking out of the wrong opening in your body. If you dont have anything to add to assist other members, and are merely posting to make me wrong, I suggest that you dummy up and dont darken this forum again.

Arizona Charlie
uh...
whoa dude...
Among other things, I...
A) Was having a hard time figuring out what you were talking about, and...
B) Am happy with my armrest too. I know some people have lodged complaints about it, but... I think he was mainly just saying something along the lines oh "Whoa... mine was already fine, but cool.."

Think you may be jumping the gun a little there...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think armrests are very important for driver comfort. Any suggestions concerning them are always helpful. I remember in earlier Prius (Classic) times there were many suggestions about improving their functiion such as making them higher, changing the hinges to enable how they're opened, recovering them with plastic, etc. There's even a marketing company right now offering a device to raise them higher off the floor. Now if somebody can come along with an idea to reduce the high noon sunshine invasion caused by the elongated aerodynamic windshields in the '04s that would sure make me happier. The rays can cook you and it sure overtaxes the air conditioner. :idea:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Arizona said:
Close the armrest and the armrest is now resting at a convenient upward angle and is actuallhy usable as a place to rest your right arm.
My comment was directed toward this statement. In reading it, Arizona infers that the armrest unaltered is not "actuallhy usable". My comment merely states that I find it actually usable as is. I'm sorry he felt he needed to go off on such an inoccuous comment.....nothing more was intended. And, no, I do not plan to alter mine with the tray.....happy faces for all..... :) :) :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Careful... this is America and lots of people sit around all day just waiting to get annoyed at somebody over a clever turn of phrase, subtle humor, or, gasp, sarcasm.... next thing you know a lawyer is retained and your being sued.

I understood the humor (armrest worked fine for one guy) and the post (armrest works better propped up by coin tray somehow), and got a slight upturn to corner of mouth with the sarcasm... no reason to call somebody a body opening...

Lighten up folks

·
Registered
319 Posts
I tried that today, and it is a really great idea and works very well. Thanks for the tip!!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts