Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where these can be purchased? They are the chrome pieces that go above the driver and passenger windows to deflect rain from coming into the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
"side window visors" for the 04 are plastic only. they allow you to have the windows open in the rain, and to vent heat from the passenger compartment without the fear of rain entering the car. they are available as an accessory in canada. i ordered from a canadian toyota dealer by phone, but they now have a webpage to order...

http://www.toyota-parts.ca/index.php?cPath=21

hope this helps

sid

·
Registered
29 Posts
also.. note that the prices are in canadian dollars. my order offront/rear mud flaps and side window vent visors would have been over $200.00 us... but cost me $111.00 us + $30.00 ups shipping, good quick transaction at about half of what us dealers would charge, if you can find the items

enjoy

sid

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The owner's manual states that it hurts gas economy more to roll down the windows than to run the A/C. So I guess you guys spend a lot of time sitting motionless in the rain? :_>

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hmmm, a comprehensive study regarding the use of these shields and gas mileage (with windows open vs. closed and a/c on vs. off) would be interesting.

No, I'm not volunteering...but I'd be interested!

·
Registered
29 Posts
window vent visors are fairly common. "i" have experienced that any rain or windshield washer fluid on the windshield will sweep across the carand along the side, and flow in the front windows if they are open.

i don't drive with the windows "full" open, but i like to leave about a half inch. (i smoke and would like to ventilate the smoke).

if you park your car in a hot climate, it is commonly suggested, that you leave at least 1 window open slightly, to help minimize heat build-up. if a thunderstorm or rain shower should occur, that portion of the car can be soaked.

i have experienced all four door panels being soaked with rain flowing in the car, and would like to prevent that.

a trip to any auto-parts store or web site, might help you see that they are available for most makes and models, and they sell quite well. if you see the need or not, that is up to you, i posted a link that might help someone else who asked, just as i would for you if i could help you find something, that you needed or was interested in

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SES: Thanks for the link - will check it out.

RICHARD: Not sure where you live but around here ( Western NC) it is often warm but not enuf to warrant use of the A/C so a window cracked an inch or so works well./

1 - 9 of 9 Posts