Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing that bugs me with the Prius is the volume levels of the CD/TAPE/Radio (Executive version similat to pkg 9).

If I set to radio and put the volume to say, 20, its a comfortable listening level. I then switch to CD, and the volume is very low and I have to set the volume to 30 to get the same level.

Is this a common thing, or a setting that needs to be adjusted by my dealer?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think so. It goes from comfortable listening to F$%K thats loud at a press of the mode switch.

I have to take the car to get the steering wheel straightened, so I will ask them about the levels as well. I suspect theres an adjustment to make somewhere.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Lightly sand your CD with very fine sand paper and it will play more quietly. :wink:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: CD Volume lower

Jim Biggs said:
Could it be the fact that the dynamic range of a CD is much higher than the radio?
Volume can also vary from one disc to another; was reminded of that "the hard way" awhile ago when I had it turned up for one disc, it switched,... and then my ears wanted to leap out the window. :shock:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Blame the radio stations. They often use huge dynamic range compression in an effort to make themselves louder than each other. Most commercial radio stations in the UK are too loud, at the expense of sound quality.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KMO said:
Blame the radio stations. They often use huge dynamic range compression in an effort to make themselves louder than each other. Most commercial radio stations in the UK are too loud, at the expense of sound quality.
If it was 1 or 2 stations I would agree, but its all stations and all CD/Tapes. I am sure the system isnt matched well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts