Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the MSRP figures from MSN and Edmunds accurate for the Prius? I've visited two dealerships both of which say they'll take orders at MSRP. I find discrepencies of $184 to $1838 (depending on option package) on "list price". I've taken into account all known factors.

Any explainations? :?:

·
Registered
13 Posts
It may be different depending on where you are in the country. Also, those figures may be old (as I know the MSRP has changed since I bought my car).

I'd just play local dealers off eachother to try and get the lower price.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
Hoagie said:
It may be different depending on where you are in the country. Also, those figures may be old (as I know the MSRP has changed since I bought my car).

I'd just play local dealers off eachother to try and get the lower price.
Depends if they're including in any of their dealer fees...

Toyota's legal disclaimer on MSRP:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/disclaimers/msrp.html

MSRP pricing:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2004/prius/options.html

Is the price your dealer giving you including the DPH fee, any dealer prep or paperwork fees?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The base price just went up $300 for orders placed after mid-March. I think the destination charge is usually $515, although I'm not sure it's the same everywhere.

I think that option package #1 is the rear window wiper, and costs $180. Some dealerships may call this a "base" model.

Other than that, you may check if one of the dealerships adds pinstriping to all it's cars (about $150) or if there are any other dealer add-ons that aren't standard Toyota options. Some may include the floor mats ($184 sounds familiar), cargo net, or other options. Other than that, some of the dealers may just be lying about selling at MSRP.

I know there have been threads that listed the option packages and prices. hat should help negotiations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts