Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a link for classic prius issues/problems? Since our cars are getting older, I'd like to share common problems and maintenance issues.

If none really exist, would it make sense to start a new discussion group here?

I've got 126k miles, and it looks like my transmission just went. It's at the dealer, but I'm going to look for used if that's the verdict. Ebay has some in MN, but it's $300 shipping to CA, so I'll keep looking.

I'm posting a separate message on the transmission topic in the technical section, but it would be nice to have a classic discussion group to share these issues.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Well, the information is available here in this forum, since the forum is that old, but the search engine is terrible. Seems to only go back a year. I've repeatedly clamoured about the search engine needing a fix, possibly just a reindex, but my cries seem to fall on deaf ears.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Good morning, Pete,

A double "Thank you very much" to you for adding the Google Search box under the PriusOnLine logo. I hope it helps the problems Dan mentioned. I never used the search engine much in the past & what I did look for I found without problem, but I can certainly see that an in-depth search (especially by a new-comer & especially for an older post) could have been a problem before today's improvement.

It also looks like you re-arranged the icons in the heading & I'm glad of that because when you added the new logo(s), the site's screen image grew about an inch wider than my monitor screen & I was always having to shift side to side to be able to read either the posting time & date or the author. Now everything fits back within my screen width. A big "Thanks" for that!

And in case you're still looking in on this thread, Pete, check the "Help" category. I put a posting there about another possible spammer. Thanks!

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I tried the google search to find a test post.
The post I was looking for was the one where this lady was looking for a replacement traction battery for her boyfriend's classic Prius.
Using the keywords "boyfriend" and "Battery" yielded nothing found.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Besides combing through here for Classic-only information, you can also check:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius/
Again, not Classic-specific (open to all Prius), but many more Classic owners on there.

Disclaimer: I am one of the moderators for the toyota-prius yahoogroup... And I know that priusonline.com was created because some people were annoyed with all the ads on Yahoo...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.