Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Black Prius pkg 9... with bluetooth. I have been a long time bluetooth user (wireless headset for my Sony Ericcson T68i). I have noticed one anoying issue with my Prius bluetooth connection. When I dial the phone (I usually dial through the phone since the touch screen doesn't let you dial out while moving) I do not hear the ring... there is a second delay after the connection and when the person hears me. It is usually a little confusing to the person I'm calling. I hope I explained the issue clearly enough. If you have bluetooth and you experience the same delay you'll know what I'm talking about. You will also notice it when an answering machine picks up at the other end of the call.

Has anyone heard this problem/issue? If so is there a way to tweek the connection (in software) to resolve it. I love the Bluetooth connection option. I think my favorite option on a day to day basis has to be the keyless entry and startup.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've experienced this as well. The best way I know to get around this is to actually dial from the touch screen by setting up one-touch entries.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yea, kind of a pain. It's a pain that the T-6xx series don't ring through the speaker system either. I only know someone's calling b/c I feel the cell phone vibrate (when I have that mode on) and the audio mutes in the car--usually leaving me baffled for a moment before I realize that it muted on purpose.

--evan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Audio Muting -- Way Smart!

Thanks for telling me about the automatic muting of the audio. I recently rented a Prius for a day and when I answered my cell (not Bluetooth and not integrated with the car), the radio muted, then returned to the previous volume when I hung up. I thought I was imaginging things! Then I suspected it may have been designed that way. The rental agent at the dealer told me the car I rented was a base model.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts