Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a non nav prius. In the wiring info from toyota it shows the m14 connector on the MFD is where the display recieves the RGB signal from the nav ecu from its n3 connector. Anybody that has had one apart without the nav notice if this connector has all the wires in it or does it have blanks. What I am trying to accomplish here is to hookup an aftermarket NAV which outputs its signal both through composite and RGB. It would be great if I could basically take over the display input for the stock unit for my unit. Now I not sure how the display knows to switch to the nav if anybody has any insight on this I would appreciate it. Does anyone happen to have a picture of the back of there non NAV display?

Tony

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I have the NAV, so I can't rightly say. But even if the MFD has the RGBS inputs available but unused, how would you activate them? You have no means of placing the MFD into NAV screen, which, for the US market, is the only mode that uses the RGBS. However, if you can get a valid device ID on the AVC network that would use RGBS, then maybe you could get it live, somehow. I think that is how Coastal's AV module works. The mod activates using SAT 2 and 3, but I believe it instructs MFD to go to NAV or DVD mode.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would really rather just get the view tech but I don't know if I could will the thing ever be availble i can't get a response from coastal. Oh well I guess I would just have to wait.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts