Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for my car and I'd like to use my iPod in it via IceLink or anoother adapter that works via CD changer connector. Is Prius with standard single CD player has CD changer connector available? I was told that cars with CD changers have the connector occupied.

Ideally I would like to connect iPod, but also have an ability to play CD if necessary. It seems like with CD changer the only option is to disconnect the changer and only use iPod.

Does XM radio connects via the same connector or there is another one dedicated to the radio? Can I have both XM and iPod connected?

Thanks

Lazy Fat Bear

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
From what I have been gathering from threads here and on PriusChat, the connector will be free if all you have is a head unit (and the amp for the JBL option), whether that head unit has a single CD, or CD changer built-in.

If you have an external changer, you are using that connector.

Some have suggested that you could daisychain the Y adapter and have multiple devices connected to that connector, but I don't think anyone has actually done it. May require rigging up a harness using multiple Y adapters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts