Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to get my Tideland Pearl #9 Prius in mid-September. I've been researching all the myriad car "waxes" etc. out there and am wondering what works best for repelling and assisting the removal of bird droppings and smashed bugs from the paint and lenses best? I can't find a Consumer report type review anywhere.

Since this car will be brand new I am assuming the finish will not be very porous or "open" in a way that would warrant one of the new-fangled bonding finishes based on polyethelene and silicone chemistry. (They all blow their own horns with testimonials and flash but offer little in the way of objective comparisons)

Also... what is the best way to remove the occasional pigeonpresent? I'm looking for something that could be kept in the car and deployed in a parking lot quickly without access to a hose and bucket. I know that bird excrement is full of grit, acids, and other nasties that haze paint if not removed quickly without rubbing.

Any FIRST-HAND experiences would be appreciated greatly. September is big fat greasy moth month here in Virginia by the way.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I use Rain-X wash every few weeks, and Turtle Waxed it after the first wash. I have no advice about products or methods for spot cleaning in the field.

Avoid parking under or downwind of trees. I also stay away from grassy areas 'coz you never know when some doofus with a leafblower will come along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts