Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never heard anything good about Armorall, but I am curious if I should be concerned about my Prius dashboard cracking and aging too quickly under the sun. Is there anything I should be doing to protect my dash?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think that cracking is much more prevalent on the padded, vinyl covered dashboards than the hard plastic one that the Prius has. I don't think it will ever crack due to age and/or sun exposure.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Religious use of a sunshade?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prius Sunshade

Tideland Prius said:
That actually brings up another issue in that I've not been able to find a sunshade that fits the prius very well. I'm surprised that when I go to the Toyota dealer for accessories on the Prius, they're lacking in having access to these kind of items. I couldn't even find rubber floor mats from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Re: Prius Sunshade

Tideland Prius said:
That actually brings up another issue in that I've not been able to find a sunshade that fits the prius very well. I'm surprised that when I go to the Toyota dealer for accessories on the Prius, they're lacking in having access to these kind of items. I couldn't even find rubber floor mats from the dealer.
.Three years of production now and I'll bet not one of you have ever found anything specific in a dealers shop made exclusively for the Prius. Noticed this week a ton of stuff for the Toyota F.J. Cruiser and it's only been on the showroom floors for a couple of months.
Anything "sinister" about this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's the same situation here on the left coast. The Toyota Dealer's Parts Department has nothing for the Prius. No coffee cups, no ball caps, no floor mats, nothing - nada - ziparino. However, a new display section just for FJ Cruiser "stuff" was just installed.

"Why is that?" you may ask. Well, after market parts for off road vehicles is the largest segment of the after market industry, so Toyota is just getting in line so they can capture some of the after market spending.

Let's face it, we Prius owners are not exactly known as big spenders. It wouldn't matter if we were big spenders - there's nothing to buy.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
"Three years of production now and I'll bet not one of you have ever found anything specific in a dealers shop made exclusively for the Prius."

In fact, I bought a sunshade made for the Prius at my dealer. Fits like a glove. As does the dash cover bought there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my dealer had the all weather mats for the prius when i bought mine...didn't look into the sun shade, as i don't have the patience to mess with one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts