Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chopping the Roof Off !

Beeing driving customers Prius from time to time. May be I can be permitted to buy my own PRII soon !
The inventory of the Prii is getting better. I need that "Toyota employee discount"
so I can afford it and when I do get the Prius.
_Project Convertible_ ! No kidding, I will chop the
roof off ! I have been talking to chassis engineers,Toyota corp-Japan in
order to find out more in order to keep structual rigidity dynamics and flex bending
at bay close to stock Prius and so on. Studying the MR-2
for the "chopping" beneficial.Will need help from all of you guys & gals !
when I will be ready...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Say bye bye to your aerodynamics! Thats why the prius didnt come with a sunroof, they were trying to get the aerodynamics perfect. Doing that to the roofs gonna screw all that good engineering!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't normally jup into threads like this one, but I think the idea of a convertable is a great one.

Sure, it may reduce aerodynamics, but I look at it not as being a "less efficient Prius," but a "more efficient convertable."

RG

·
Registered
99 Posts
My guess is if the Hybrid drive proves to be popular and profitable Toyota will be offering it as an option in the Camry and Solara lines. Which would mean eventually, you'd be able to get a Solara Convertible HSD

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CD 0.280 to 0.320

I'm aware of the coefficincy of drag increase, what is now with the Gen III a 0.280 ?
When roof off a la convertible then pehaps going back to the
Gen II cd of 0.320 ? Still slippier than most vehicles outthere. I think most
of MPG loss will be due to "Extra Weight" Chassis re-imforcement
in order to compensate for the uni-body rigity loss by going topless ..
I will need lots of input from all Prius members when I can afford the vehicle and its
project. I'm already visualising the sleek unusual tear-drop shaped topless

Thanks for your opinions & inputs.

Toyota Hybrids will rule the world !

The Prius are here today, More Hybrids to follow
HH will be here in a few months

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Don't pass on your dreams Hirose. But don't count on any manufacture supplying you with what you wish no matter how much sense it makes. I have been reading since the demise of the four door Lincolns of the desires of consumers who would like to find a four door convertible on the market again. You would think that some one who really likes the convertible market would be in to four doors by now just because of the lack of competition like Chrysler who has been leading the world with their Sebring and Saab who of all their models seem to advertise only their convertible in the US. But I guess it will never happen. Chrysler had the jump on the world when they came out with the convertible version of the "P.T. Cruiser," but what did they do but convert the four door to a two door! And before the comments about the strenghthening problems and weight restrictions let me point out that Toyota designed an excellent hybrid. Their aren't any problems which can't be solved.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hyperion said:
Don't pass on your dreams Hirose. But don't count on any manufacture supplying you with what you wish no matter how much sense it makes. I have been reading since the demise of the four door Lincolns of the desires of consumers who would like to find a four door convertible on the market again. You would think that some one who really likes the convertible market would be in to four doors by now just because of the lack of competition like Chrysler who has been leading the world with their Sebring and Saab who of all their models seem to advertise only their convertible in the US. But I guess it will never happen. Chrysler had the jump on the world when they came out with the convertible version of the "P.T. Cruiser," but what did they do but convert the four door to a two door! And before the comments about the strenghthening problems and weight restrictions let me point out that Toyota designed an excellent hybrid. Their aren't any problems which can't be solved.
Hello Hyperion: OK but I'm not counting with the manufacturer supplying
the convertible for now. Probably will make more sence to wait for the
Solara/Camry based convertible in a 3 years introduction perhaps ?
However the "shape" of the PRII is intriguing enough that I'm dreaming
of the project . I can not visualise any other shape or form from the mundane patterned convertible. The Prius are unique in its form !

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rickey,

I'm surprised you already don't own a Prius. Why doesn't Toyota give you one for free for selling so many for them? And which color/package would you get for yourself? What cars do you own right now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had thought about switching the guts of my '99 Miata and my '05 Prius to make a Mius and a Priata. Boy was that a dumb idea!!

P.S. -- Miata for sale!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toyota Cars for Toyota Sales Pro !

prius4us said:
Rickey,

I'm surprised you already don't own a Prius. Why doesn't Toyota give you one for free for selling so many for them? And which color/package would you get for yourself? What cars do you own right now?
Hello Prius4us. Good question, why I don't own one yet. I have a co. demonstrators or Vehicles given to managerial titled Toyota dealer personnel free of charge for promotion of new vehicle sale. In my case: Sales Department. I'm titled; Fleet,Internet,Finance sales Manager(s) all-in-one. Very easy for customers to deal and trust me. Due to my experience thus capability to answer any question right on the spot.
Well I'm drifting away from your question ! I have been "baby" sitting
various Prii from different customers over the years! Certain customers of mine are very _Affluent_ in a sence that they can afford a long vacation
and I'm the trusted Prius-keeper, their PRII ! So therefore I have stated that I'm driving customers cars most of time ! Although, I want get mine soon when demand and supply balances out. Will be a white BC ! with custom leather of course !
I do have various vehicle: beeing a family men,I have a 04 Sienna awd van. Well actually is my wife's. a 97 Supra ( twin turbo) 6 speed manual.
My Sunday commuter to _dissipate_ stress accumulated in me during the week days, sales is stressing you know !
Also a 03 LandCrusher ! Need torque to haul my, Toyota "Epic" 22 ft boat
that has the Lexus V8 on board! I have purchased all the ICE vehicles many years a go. So therefore I will get me one of the Prii to become a
bonafide-citizen so I can talk to all of you in the same level ! Proud and
knowleadgeable ! I do love the early plungers back in the early days when no-body knew about the Prius but these brave and curious bunch gave TMC the decision making signal to go ahead for the phase II which
brought us the HSD Hybrid and Phase III soon to appear to the masses.

I really do like promoting, selling the hybrid only Toyotas, but I got to move the regular ICE vehicles too..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts