Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have news of increased production of Prius' in the USA? would like to know if the wait period will shorten due to increase production.

·
Registered
623 Posts
cmorozco said:
http://www.syracuse.com/business/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/business-0/1080123532193700.xml
From the above article:
Hoyt said he expects Toyota will ramp up its production numbers as time goes on, but the company is keeping production low and quality high.
And that's one reason we trust Toyota enough to jump in the first year of a new model and such a new and revolutionary technology, overcoming the normal (and reasonable) inclination to wait until at least the second year.

If Toyota increased production willy-nilly, as fast as it could, quality would suffer and the car would not be worth waiting for. Toyota knows it is losing customers, but would rather lose customers than sacrifice quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, but sadly I've not gotten my prius yet. I don't want a poor quality one, but I do want one and I can't wait till 2005. My lease is ending in 2 months so I continue to scour the country for a pruis I can call my own. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts