Toyota Prius Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Here's the definition of the code:
DTC P0A80: REPLACE HYBRID BATTERY PACK
The HV battery assembly consists of nickel hydride batteries. Nickel hydride batteries do not require external charging. The SOC (state of charge) of the HV battery is maintained at a constant voltage level by the HV control ECU while the vehicle is being driven. In the HV battery assembly, 28 modules are connected in series, and each module has six 1.2 V cells that are connected in series. Thus, the HV battery assembly contains a total of 168 cells which produce 201.6 V. The battery ECU, which monitors two modules as a single battery block, detects the battery block voltage at a total of 14 locations.

Possibly one or more of the cells are bad or there is a bad connection within the battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
interesting . I have another batt. on the way but its coming from N. J. so it could take a while with weather and all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought Prius 2004 with 249k, red light warring on, take it to the dealer says need to replce hybrid battery, but I test battery cells all of them read 8.3 v accept one read 6.3v,so what I shall do, replace only one cell or all battery, pleas any one can tell me, how can fix the problem, Thank you

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Personally I would get a rebuilt battery. Unless you really know what you are doing, don't try to repair it yourself.

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Prius
6 Posts
I bought Prius 2004 with 249k, red light warring on, take it to the dealer says need to replce hybrid battery, but I test battery cells all of them read 8.3 v accept one read 6.3v,so what I shall do, replace only one cell or all battery, pleas any one can tell me, how can fix the problem, Thank you
Yes it is to low so it makes the computer say that the hole battery is bad when in fact it's only one are 2 cells that can be bad

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Prius
6 Posts
😆🤣😉😄😄check your battery cooling fan for dirt and hair in the fan it is a battery cooling problem and that can be the most easy fix if it's clogged up the P3230a80 is a battery over heating code

21 - 29 of 29 Posts