Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After 2 days of having Prius I have encountered a problem with display.

This is how it happened:

I tried to test the EV mode. I drove Prius with EV mode on for about 50 meters. The switched power off and and I tried to turn it back on the display is not showing anything at all. After leaving the car for some time on, the display came on for about 2 minutes and then went black again. I drove the car for about 10 kms and it was ok. But the screen never came on. The car has only 150 km on and I wonder if that has to do with the auxiliary battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
John Nousis

·
Registered
344 Posts
somehow it sounds like the display got set to "off"

you should be able to bring it back using the 'display' button. if you can't, maybe it's time to check it out at the dealer.

as far as EV mode goes, it is very protective of the car and will put the car back into hybrid mode when battery charge is too low. this uses the HV battery though. the aux battery is really only used for starting up the computers and isn't used during EV mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove a little more and the display keeps coming on and off all the time. There must be some connector problem but I don't know where to look for it. Maybe I will take it to the dealer. Apart from that the car goes with no problems.

·
Registered
344 Posts
sounds strange to me. are you able to bring it back with the buttons every time? it could be the car thinks you don't want to see the display so it will shut it off intermittently.

have you noticed a certain time interval between screen shut offs or anything? i never turn mine off, so i'm not used to having to turn it back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I drove about two hours in total again. The display didn't turn off at all but that happens if you travel not too far. At an one-hour trip the display went off in half an hour. But from then after I powered off and switched back on a few minutes later the display went on and remained on all the time. It's very strange.

What I was thinking is that the auxiliary battery might be very low at the time I bought the car and still not fully charged. The only case I found in the manual is the auxiliary battery. The fuses are ok because the clock and other stuff wouldn't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts