Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm also Sid over at PriusChat, and I was wondering if these 2 sites are affiliated in any way, and/or is there is difference in content and discussion, etc. Or, is this just another cool Prius forum? :D

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
No affiliation, but a lot of us 'go both ways'. Some differences in content that are subtle, but important to those of us addicted to all things Prius.

I'm a moderator at PC and thus read a majority of the posts, respond to many and particpate on a very active basis. It's my main 'go to' forum.

but sometimes I come here. It's a little more quiet, peacefu (in general) and probably a little edge toward the technical side of things. I think this site also has a better balance of 1G and 2G Prius folks whereas PriusChat is almost all 2G with just a few 1G folks.

POL is more stable with only one major collapse in recent memory. PC seems to go down, temporarily, about once every day or two. Danny then does a little CPR and mouth to mouth and it rises again. He's had one major collapse with loss of data there, but it's been a while.

PC is more tightly moderated. POL get's off topic often, but then everyone eventually seems to police themselves and all is well again...I think it can do that b/c it's not as trafficed as PC is.

So I agree, the answer is "Yes".

·
Registered
425 Posts
sneagle said:
The questions remains...why is PC (and HiHyChat) so unstable?
My personal opinion is that its to do with the software in use. I had a Greek forum for a while. It was based on phpBB like POL. I then "upgraded" to the same software used on PC. I had nothing but trouble, corruptions and instability. It got so bad I lost all my users and eventually I abandoned the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts