Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the deal is with priuschat? All the messages have "Array" in the message body. Did the site get hijacked?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dunno, wouldn't be suprised. In fact this site was down for a couple hours last night too and went down at the same time PC started having the "Array" problem. May just be coincidence though.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The following message now comes up at PC...

It appears that the site is having a problem with the most recent version of php that we upgraded to yesterday. I am working on a solution so we can re-open the boards and appreciate your patience. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love Priuschat, but that site goes down more often Paris Hilton, or to use a related anaolgy, a hummer's gas gage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love Priuschat, but that site goes down more often Paris Hilton, or to use a related anaolgy, a hummer's gas gage.
:lol: That's the best one I've heard in a while :lol:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Danny over at Priuschat is using the same software that Priusonline uses, which is phpBB. However, I think that most of the sluggishness in Danny's site is related to the graphical content and the overall layout. If you compare the graphical content of priuschat to priusonline you will see that priusonline is much lighter, which is probably one of the reasons that it runs faster. I also notice that priusonline has fewer interface widgets than priuschat. That would also speed up priusonline in comparison.

I enjoy priuschat and post there regularly, however from a speed and simplicity standpoint priusonline wins hands down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
He's trying. We just need to be patient.

Code:
It appears that the site is having a problem with the most recent version of php that we upgraded to yesterday. I am working on a solution so we can re-open the boards ASAP. I appreciate your patience. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If you look at the stats at the bottom of any PriusChat page, you'll see that most of the delay comes from the SQL requests.
Considering the vast amounts of posts, users and files, that can slow data searches quite a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ads

There are a lot of ads on Priuschat, which is all fine and good, but they are large ads, with motion, that really slow down the load. Add that extra load time on every page, for every user, and its no wonder its slower. To have those ads, you need twice the server power to keep the system from bogging down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Priuschat

Just be patient folks. Website hosting and maintenance is a tricky business these days. So many security issues to deal with. Keeping a site secure and free from Hacking and Spoofing is a full time job. Love the site myself and understand when it is down for upgrades and maintenance. Keep up the good work guys :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
It appears to be down again.

I dont think its correct to say its maintenance. During maintenance most sites have a "try again later" message, and dont get taken down for 12 odd hours for backups.

I eventually get the following error message:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.priuschat.com/forums
The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Re: Priuschat

kb5jsu said:
Just be patient folks. Website hosting and maintenance is a tricky business these days. So many security issues to deal with. Keeping a site secure and free from Hacking and Spoofing is a full time job. Love the site myself and understand when it is down for upgrades and maintenance. Keep up the good work guys :D

Hacking is what the admins do to make things work.

Cracking is what the bad people do to get in and break things or steal things...

·
Registered
15 Posts
PriusChat

I was merely asking for patience due to the situation at hand. I didn't realize that everyone was going to be so anal retentive about grammer and symantics. :(

Very bad form folks. :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Re: PriusChat

kb5jsu said:
I was merely asking for patience due to the situation at hand. I didn't realize that everyone was going to be so anal retentive about grammer and symantics. :(

Very bad form folks. :(
And what is/was the situation?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts