Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who frequent both POL and PC I called and spoke with Danny as the site (as well as sister sites) have been down since this morning. He is currently in Florida for the Orange Bowl game and will not be able to take time to troubleshoot until after the game tonight (and depending upon his level of inebriation who knows how much good that'll do! :p )

FWIW, he's switching software and switching to a totally new server later this month in an effort to, once and for all, eliminate these recurrent issues with the site.

He asked me to thank you for your patience.

And thanks to those here who don't use PC for letting me post this.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
As usual, thank you!

I wish Danny the best as he gets the bugs worked out. And to think that I was getting used to the interface over there.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeromep said:
As usual, thank you!

I wish Danny the best as he gets the bugs worked out. And to think that I was getting used to the interface over there.
I don't think the interface will be much different. It's the same software brand, just the newer version, AFAIK.

Things have been much better software wish since the move in August, but the server issues have continued to haunt the site every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks, I thought my alter ego on PC (Schmika) had problems on our end. I was just getting ready to ask if anyone knew what was up.

If you can answer Doc, why is POL so stable andPC not?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SgtKarl said:
Thanks, I thought my alter ego on PC (Schmika) had problems on our end. I was just getting ready to ask if anyone knew what was up.

If you can answer Doc, why is POL so stable andPC not?
No idea. Danny says it has something to do with the server they're using, but I don't know enough about any of the technical side of running web sites to say. It does seem like it's a server issue to me b/c when PC goes down Danny's other sites go down too (ie. Hihychat.com).

·
Registered
248 Posts
The only question is why watch the Orange Bowl when the Fiesta Bowl is over and OSU won? I don't get it! 8)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update 1/4 a.m.

I heard from Danny this morning. It is clearly a server problem that has the site down and the server tech guy was unable to resolve it as of very early this morning. The problem has been escalated to a high priority but it will likely still be 7-8pm tonight before Danny gets home and has a chance to reboot the site even once the server issues are resolved.

He sends his apologies and I'll continue to update as I get new info.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hdrygas said:
The only question is why watch the Orange Bowl when the Fiesta Bowl is over and OSU won? I don't get it! 8)
I take it back what a game. Thanks for the info on the outage. :D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thanks for the update!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts