Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Prius owners manual and the workshop manual please can someone tell us where to get one?
Our car is arriving from Japan in 3 weeks,and the owners manual will be in Japanese.
I would love it if someone had it on cd,I would pay postage,we live in New Zealand
Regards Bob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Check ebay

You might want to check eBay for a manual. Are you sure it will be in Japanese?

Not sure what the workshop manuel is but if it's the one the mechanics use I heard it was three thick volumes. Is there no dealership near you to service it?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got them....all of them!!! directly from http://www.toyota.com (oweners).
They are very expensive respect of what they help. But at least you will get some light in the darkness of the Prius design. They are five volumes and are costing about $500.00 all. I heard that there is cd version that sombody is selling on ebay...

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
The owners manual in English should be a snap to get from Toyota motors at a decent price and probably by Federal Express. The service manual is in three volumes and can be found on "E" bay occassionally for about $285.00 or from Toyota for $407.00 plus postage. Postage weight is twelve pounds. There are C.D's available on "E" bay at about $30.00 plus postage but they have no index and you have to be computer concious to use it. This is definately not a car you can work on. Most of the "fixes" to problems are "tweeking" of the ECM. (electrical computer module)
You are definately going to have to locate a Toyota dealer and hope he has seen one.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Have you checked with your local New Zealand Toyota dealers' Parts departments? Since the 2004+ Prius is available new in New Zealand, they must have access to ordering an English-language Owner's and Repair Manuals.

I'm assuming that you're doing an import of a Japanese model, as opposed to a New Zealand market model? The manual for a New Zealand model may not match your Japanese import...

BTW: http://www.toyota.co.nz/NewVehicles/Model/Prius/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts