Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What car has an equivalent wheel as the 2008 Prius? I just bought one and will need snow tires soon(!). The place (read this “junk yard”) I get my extra wheels doesn’t seem to have a list of equivalences. And I don’t want new ones or expensive “alloy” wheels.

I have heard that the equivalent for a 2004 Prius, my son’s car, is the 2003 Corolla, but haven’t verified that. Can anyone?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. I just bought the '08 and didn't even know there were two different models. How do I tell what I have?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The Touring model has 16 inch wheels, a longer spoiler, and standard HID headlights. It also has a different suspension and comes loaded with all of the options. Probably the easiest way for you to tell is the wheel diameter. The standard has 15" wheels and the touring has 16" wheels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interestingly enough my "new" 2008 has 16" wheels. I am not sure about the spoiler length and I don't know what HID headlights are. It does have some "extras," but not all, thankfully.

Also, do you know if it can take larger diameter wheels? Any extra clearance for mud season would be most welcome.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Another way to tell is to stop by a Toyota dealer and have them check the VIN. That will tell if the car is standard or touring.

If your car has fog lights, it has HID headlights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently my '08 Prius is the touring variety. My question still stands, does anyone know another vehicle with the same wheel size? I generally get my wheels from a junk yard and they only sort them by car, not size.

Is there some web site that lists wheel sizes? It seems that this kind of information ought to be available. Everything else is. <grin>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts