Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bough my Prius, just a few weeks ago, I thought this car had kind of a nerdy image, something a bit strange, for tree huggers and the socially responsible. And that was fine with me. But I am realizing that the greenie, techie, cheapie paradigm is a bit too narrow.

I let my 20 year old nephew take the Prius for a spin he want nuts over it - not because of the technology or mileage, but because he thought it was the coolest car he ever saw. Now I keep reading posts, here and elsewhere, from those who are young and “with it” (not me) and right there with the Prius.

I sure think the Prius is something special but I never dreamed it would be hip. So with apologies to jeromep it is time to add a fourth flavor of Prius owner – greenie, techie, cheapie, or waaay cool.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
anj,

I never thought anyone paid any attention to signatures. I'm flattered. :oops:

Anyway, I suppose I could add "waaay cool". I'm only 28 so I'm not too much older then your nephew, I know his reaction. The Prius was way cool to me also. That is why I broke with family tradition of owning Fords and Mercurys and went over to Toyota. But the Prius was an excellent value. Digital dash is way cool, and I really wanted that in my first new car. In this age of computerization and onboard diagnostics it is amazing the number of new vehicles out there that don't even have a digital dash option.

Thanks for noticing, and thanks for suggesting the 4th flavor.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I took my Phoebe to meet the family last weekend. My sister was very impressed with it. And my brother in law loved the technology but he said it was one ugly car. Yikes! That remark would have hurt Phoebe's feelings if my dear bil hadn't insisted on driving the car every chance he got. :shock: He might have fooled himself but he didn't fool Phoebe and me. :lol:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It's amazing how a few years ago, journalists criticise the Lincoln Town Car for having digital gauges and deemed it only necessary for old fogies. Even with the Suzuki Aerio and it's knightrider-like display, critics denounced its design and claimed it to be tacky and hard to read. Oddly enough, the digital speedo on the Prius was hardly mentioned, let alone criticised.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After owning a Prius, I never thought it would be so cool to get higher MPG than MPH. I'm happy to drive on the interstate at 63 MPH. While others pass me by going 80 MPH I'm getting 60 MPG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wouldn't a normal speedo look out of place on a Prius? They didn't complain because the entire car goes right along with a digital speedo. Analog gauges of any kind would be just wrong.

And for the record: Techie and Cheapie.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Rodger said:
Wouldn't a normal speedo look out of place on a Prius?...
I don't want to put a speedo on my Little Prius. Those tiny little swimsuits are just too strange. What if it got a wedgie? You know that would HAVE to impact MPG, and probably emissions, too. Nope. Little Prius is stayin in its birthday suit. No speedo.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sanny said:
Rodger said:
Wouldn't a normal speedo look out of place on a Prius?...
I don't want to put a speedo on my Little Prius. Those tiny little swimsuits are just too strange. What if it got a wedgie? You know that would HAVE to impact MPG, and probably emissions, too. Nope. Little Prius is stayin in its birthday suit. No speedo.
Phoebe perfers to go au naturale too. I guess she's part exhibitionist. :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sanny said:
I don't want to put a speedo on my Little Prius. Those tiny little swimsuits are just too strange.
Oh, if only more of us possessed the self-aware to know when our rear-ends have become too wide for wearing a speedo in public! :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts