Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: Apparently the Prius Touring model has been discontinued by Toyota. I checked with my dealer, they said yes but could not give a reason. At toyota.com/build a toyota, one can not build a Prius Touring anymore. I have not seen an announcement or news article. :roll:

·
Registered
610 Posts
8) Just logged on to http://www.toyota.com, entered my ZIP (Dallas TX) and was able to "Build" a 2007 Toyota Prius Touring Edition. In searching on "In Stock" and "Available" I was able to find 54 Touring Edition Prius available in the North Texas Area in a variety of colors, trim and equipment.

Perhaps the Touring Edition availability is unique to different distribution regions of the U.S.

If you want a 2007 Touring Edition Prius, come on to Texas and buy one. We'd be delighted to have your business.

:wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For zip 23235 and 22102 no Touring; zip 60120 a Touring

This is all we see in Virginia:

1.5 Liter 4-Cylinder, Prius, Gas/Elec Hybrid (ECVT)Options
Option A$0 MSRPColors

Exterior: Barcelona Red Metallic
Interior: Bisque FabricAccessories

Base MSRP:*$22,175Destination & Handling:**$620Options & Accessories:$0Total Combined:***$22,795[Disclaimers]

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Prius Duo & David,

As Charles said [& adam1991 too (although we don't know what part of the country he is in)], it is a regional thing. The Touring Edition is available in the New York region [which is Connecticut, New York & New Jersey (I did my own zip code in CT, tried 10019 for NY, & 07101 for NJ & the Touring is available as a base model or with only the Pkg 3 option)]. I would have thought that Pennsylvania was in the NY region too, but it's not. The Touring is NOT available in the 5 other New England states nor in Maryland or PA, so you'll have to do a dealer swap or drive to one of the states mentioned in this thread to buy your Touring. Good luck!!!

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hey, Prius Duo,

Back again to tell you I also checked out Charlotte, NC because I was just there last week & I have a zip code for that city. Plus since Virginia borders North Carolina, it may be closer for you than NJ is, depending on what part of Virginia you are in. Listed under the Charlotte zip code [actually Kannapolis 28083 (a suburb)] there are 1,664 total Priuses. That sounds like a lot for one city, so maybe it's statewide. Of that total 253 are Touring Editions, with 114 being Pkg 1, 27 being Pkg 3, & 21 being Pkg 5. Slight pause to check some other zip codes.

I just tried zip codes for Greensboro & Raleigh & got roughly the same totals & mix of options, so it must be a statewide inventory. That means you will have to inquire about individual dealership's inventory quantity on hand & not already spoken for. Good luck in your search. They shouldn't be too hard to find.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
djstatik said:
Other than the size of the wheels and tires, is there anything different on the touring version? I couldn't really tell from the information on the website.
The suspension is different (a little smoother ride) and the spoiler is a little longer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts